Sign in to follow this  
tgranthamfd

Rear Blade

tgranthamfd

Was wondering if anyone had any photos of a rear blade set up that will work with a clevis or slot type hitch?? :notworthy: Homemade or factory. I have an old Sears blade, and that is it, I was thinking about comming up with some kind of mount to use it as a rear blade, you guys think it could be done fairly easy? Thanks in advance.

Sarge

I've got one of those Agri-Fab 40" rear blades that has the flip-over handle to allow it to push in reverse. Not a bad unit but the center hole for the handle is nearly worn out . I'd like to re-design it and beef it up a bit , will try to get a pic later today.

Sarge

tgranthamfd

Sounds good, Thanks Sarge

linen beige

I have a brinley grader box blade with the clevis hitch. I think it's around 36 inches wide? It too can be turned around for pushing, angled 45 deg.s and the "box" removed to use as a blade only. it is kinda light weight and a bit flimsy, but it does what I need it to do.

rickv1957

I have one of those rear mount blades like Sarge has and they work pretty good.

Here's a photo:

IMG_1621.jpg

Rick

Sarge

Spent an hour repairing mine today , sort of a pre-winter tuneup. That handle setup is ok, but if you really work the blade it wears the hole out oblong. I just drilled it and the handle out to 1/2" and used a good grade 5 bolt w/nylock. The original 7/16" bolt was pretty soft, so maybe it will last longer this time. Here's a shot of it -

1258855210.jpg

Notice anything odd about that blade?? Need to get a decent closeup, but as a hint it doesn't wear the blade out, just the pavement....

Here's the 1277/rear blade and C-160 w/front dozer....

1258855222.jpg

Sarge

tgranthamfd

Thanks guys I have some ideas, now. Noticed on these the bracket mounts on the back of the blade runs verticle, mine is an old front mount blade with the mounting stuff running horizontal. Just didn't have any brackets with it, blade only. It belonged to my grandfather and All I found was the blade, so I wanted to do something with it. Needed a rear scrapper blade to do some things the house, thought I might be able to fab up something so it could be put to use again. I do remember him having an old Sears tractor with a little 3 point disk and a manual lift lever on it, actually have pictures of myself and gwgdog66 sitting on it ( grandpa was giving us a ride). Thanks for all of your input. :notworthy: :thumbs:

Prater

Terry,

I got a 3 point rear blade with that D180. If you want to look at it and get some ideas for building one that hooks to the clevis or slot hitch.