Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

Electro 12 thoughts....

Ken B

I have a chance too pick up an Electro 12 from a guy I know. It has hydraulic lift on it. I've never owned a Horse with a hydro transmission. How are they? Reliable? Any things too look out for other than leaks and hydro creeps? Thanks for any info.

WheelHorse_of_course

I love these old machines, the parents of the C-series.

I the trans is good all you'll need to do is change the filter and occasionally the fluid. You must use the same type of fluid Dextron 2 or 30 wt oil.

I am a huge fan of these horses with the Sundstrand drive. About the only down sides are 1) Unless you are very practiced starting can be jerky 2) At the bottom of a slope there is a slight lag between the self-braking and back to self-propulsion. You'll get used to both of these things though.

The thing you want to do is look at the fluid and also do a test drive, but make sure the trans is engaged and run it till the fluid warms up. If it will no longer go as fast as before, or has trouble climbing a slope then you will need to replace it.

I have a 69 charger and it is a great machine.

:thumbs: :notworthy:

Electro12WH

One thing I like about the hydraulic lift is, You can raise and lower as much as you want. If using a plow for dirt, you can lift it part way up.

rickv1957

They are great reliable tractors,will last forever with a little tlc,Rick