Sign in to follow this  
ronscat

WH C-125 followed me home

ronscat

The guy said he had a WH with gears and hi-low. I went and noticed it was a C series. :scratchead: He had to pull it on my trailer with his backhoe because the front tires were "ruint". Noticed it had 23 inch bar tires on the rear that "seemed" to be holding air. I tried to tell if it was going in and out of gears and it seemed to be. Of course it has been sitting outside and the rear plastic fenders are cracked. I planned to remove the transaxle to go under my puller that I broke the transmission in it. I didn't even notice the black on the hood till I started out home. I don't know that I have ever seen one of them in these parts before. Someone had removed the steering wheel also. I wonder if I should go to the trouble of trying to get this one going again and find another fender somewhere. . . .or just rob the transaxle and . . .

Ron

Sparky

If it was me...........she would live agaian!

But the black hoods are my favorite body style so I may be a bit biased :scratchead: .

Mike.........

htopjimmy26

I guess a 300-400-500 series fender will bolt right on there, good luck finding an intact black hood fender I don't think I've ever seen 1. Those tractors were made from 80-84ish I think and it may be newer than your puller. Good luck :scratchead:

ronscat

Ok. it was getting a little late when I got home and didn't get a chance to look at everything real close - to see how much work the C-125 needs. Will try to take a better look tomorrow. That plastic fender really looks cheaply made though - along with some other things compared to my older C-160.

Ron

rockbuilt

It is true the "plastic" fender is not as durable as the sheet metal but you have to admit the styling is great just remember fiberglass sheeting and resin are your friend I had a C125 GREAT TRACTOR and I am going to fiberglass (from underneath) my D250 that has the same problem good luck and hope you make the right decision

whfan74

Congrats on the haul.........had a C 125 shortly, wouldn't mind having another some day!

Looking forward to seeing some pics! :scratchead:

Duff

Ron, the 300-400-500 series metal rear fender pans will bolt on directly and are pretty easy to come by at decent prices. JMHO, but I'd resurrect the beast and add it to your herd!

Duff :notworthy:

ronscat

Pics as requested (as unloaded):

P1000653.jpg

P1000654.jpg

P1000655.jpg

P1000657.jpg

Is that nut "supposed" to come off the steering where a steering wheel goes? I WD40ed it.

Ron

Kelly

That nut, is the supose to be inside the steering wheel. I cut slots up the side of the last one I had like that then peeled it off, then punched the pin out.

ronscat

Ok, I keep putting off stealing the transmission out of the 125 for the puller with the busted transmission. :notworthy: The tractor just looks different from the other old Wheel Horses I have. I may have to rob a transmission off something else and repaint this one. I have a fresh 16hp Kohler single that wants to go on this 125! I'm thinking this one will look kinda cute with a fresh paint job. I will have to get a rear metal fender somewhere for it is the main problem I have.

Ron

rickv1957

That tractor will cleanup nice with a little TLC and paint,nice find,Rick

tgranthamfd

I, personally, really like the black hoods. They are very roomy and comfortable to drive, they handel good, as well. I am pretty sure mine is a 125, but it has been repowered with a 14hp single, loads of power and seems to run faster in 3rd than any of my others. In my opinion you will not be unhappy with it. Also, if I am not mistaken, any of the fender decks that have the gas tank under the seat will work on the black hoods. Mine is a 1980 and it has a metal fender deck on it, and it looks identical to my 2005 Classic GT minus the cup holder.

jpmcleod

There is a member on the TRADE portion of this site that has the same tractor without a motor wanting to trade for a mower deck. He lives in Ohio but I don't know you live Give it a look.