Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

new website address

CasualObserver

A few of you know I have a website... have for quite a while. I started out as a free Geocities site, but was annoyed by the hits per hour restriction and the mandatory ads, so for a few bucks a month, I stepped up to the minimum level. Never had a problem since.

Well... Yahoo owns geocities, and earlier this year decided that they were going to close it down. All the free sites would just go away, and all the paying customers had the option to upgrade to the regular yahoo services and have a special 5 year lock on their rate from geocities. One of the added perks is that you can pick a custom web domain name if you want.

So I finally got mine changed over... the new address is http://www.vintagewheelhorses.com (note the s on the end) Only the first page made the automatic conversion, I have to go back and redo the others individually and fix the links between them.

Just thought I'd put it out there for anyone who might have had my site bookmarked or anything. There will be automatic redirecting for a little while, but I don't know how long they leave that in place. Thanks to all of you who have visited over the last few years and signed in the guestbook... I've really appreciated it, and look forward to getting the new pages ready quickly!!

CasualObserver

Been a long time since I made this post. I thought I'd updated about a year ago, but I guess not.

After being on Yahoo for a few years, I gave up on my 5 year price lock and investigated other hosting opportunities. I moved to iPage about a year ago for some pretty significant savings. I still prefer to pay for my website so it gives me total control over the fact that I don't have to have ads on there. I really don't like ads. Well, just like the move from Geocities to Yahoo, I lost everything. I recreated some basic pages and threw up some simple information. Mostly my site just sat there waiting for me to do something with it. I get an occasional random email looking for help or to sell something. Most of the time I redirect the person here. I know I've seen several come through the door, either to use the classifieds or post up a question. Most interesting was when I got an email question about a snow machine in Alaska! Yep... Wheel Horse snowmobile found in Alaska.

Anyway, I've started to work on some redesigning. I'd appreciate some input before I get too far into the rest of it. Questions/comments welcome.

Thanks

Check it out at ------>Website Link to The Red Shed link.gif or you can click the link on the right side of the main forum page in the "Popular Links" box about halfway down the page.

wave_n_point.gif

**I also encourage you to check out Scott's, Jake's and all the others in the Member Links area of the forum! **

nylyon

Jason, I like the look and I really like the tractors page with the thumbs on the right of the pictures.

groundhog47

Hey Jason, great coloration and content. Don't have the know how to do all that, but that is a great go to for pictorial knowledge for one owners (like me) lookin' to learn and find what somethin' is if see it. Keep up the good work!

neil

Just been into Jasons shed and had a look round .

you got some real nice stuff in that shed Jason

& the web side is really cool

Its simple , clear , well layed out and really sharp pictures .

worth a visit

Terry M

Nice site and I liked the pics Jason. ( although your house looks different) I've added it to my favorites for easy access . :handgestures-thumbupright:

Jake Kuhn

That is one nice site jason! :bow-blue: Maybe one day I can get mine that nice.

CasualObserver

Thanks guys.

@Karl, thanks... I was wondering about the new picture format. I had that add-on gallery before, but didn't really like it because it linked outside and didn't keep my header and menu. I'm sure the was probably a way to embed it, but I never figured out how.

@Terry, Yeah, the house looks a bit different there... Many of those pictures were taken at the last house. Got a bit more room at this place! Proud to have made it to the favorites list.... now I'll really have to try to keep updated!

@the other guys.... thanks for the comments. Stop back soon. I'm planning to do a similar layout with photos for my attachments. I think attachments are the next hot collectible. Almost every tractor ever sold had a mower deck or a blade, I think it's the obscure and hard to find attachments that are interesting.

• Like 1

dclarke

Jason, very nice websight. I enjoyed looking around and I'll add it to my favorites also. I really like the pic of the suburban and wagon, that's one for a calander. :thumbs:

• Like 1