Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Funny Classified Ads

T-Mo

As some here know, I'm also into the green and yellow tractors. And some may know I'm a member of wfm. Anyways, there is a section on wfm that guests can not see - "The Corner Store" which is for off-topic subjects. Recently there was a thread there for "Funny Classified Ads". Being the plagiaristic person that I am, I'm plagiarizing it here. So here it is:

Full box of portable holes $300

I bought a box of portable holes last summer when I built my deck and I bought the wrong size. When I went to return them, of course, I lost the receipt. My loss is your gain. These are the 8" holes and they are the standard 36" deep. Perfect if you are using 4x4 posts for a smaller deck than mine. I had to go and use 6x6's so obviously they didnt work, but the bigger ones I had to go and get were perfect. HUGE timesaver and a back saver. If you wanted you could cut them in half to plant trees without digging, then you would have twice as many. They come 8 to a box and the box is pretty big but very light . Cash and carry only no checks or money orders. I will not deliver nor will I hold, so first come first serve. But you better not miss this one. They were originally $649.99 less than 3 months ago . Thanks for reading.

Which led to this exchange:

I have some portable holes I like to call "5 gal buckets"

Then this:

I could sure use some portable holes. Whenever I have to dig in my yard I find big rocks. It would be nice to just put a portable hole in a spot and be able to move it without having to dig. Hmmm, now I'm wondering what a fella keeps portable holes in that they wouldn't fall out of.

Then, finally:

OK, true story based on jobsite humor. I heard the story a couple times from different people so it was pretty well verifed.

There was a newbie at a construction company I used to work for. Not the sharpest tack in the box. Seems that there were some holes dug for anchoring something and they ended up in the wrong place. The newbie was told that instead of digging new holes he could go get the "hole puller" and use it to relocate them. When asked where to find it he was told that Frank (Co president) kept it in his office as it was pretty expensive and easy to steal. Sooo, off went the intrepid newbie on his mission, leaving the crew in stitches. It just so happened that Frank was in the office and the fun stopped, as long as it took to make a phone call to the job, after the newbie walked in asked Frank where the hole puller was and explained that the guys sent him after it.

So, anyone else have some funny classifieds that they like to share? BTW, it's Ad, not "add". "Add" is when you do the math thing. :scratchead: