Sign in to follow this  
MikesRJ

MWH Update

MikesRJ

MWH's 100th member was added today, not quite 41,000 web pages served to date, and all that in only 25 Days of operation.

chazm

Good job Mike :scratchead:

The more places for WH info & such ... Da better :ychain:

Chaz :hide:

cet413

Not to be an A$$ but is a website hosting copyrighted material from those companies legal? You may be opening yourself up for a lawsuit(s) from what I've read on the "Terms of Use" on the Toro and Kohler, etc. sites. Personally I don't care but you never know what a Corporate Lawyer may decide to do. I'm not a lawyer so I could be completely off base. The link and snippet below is from the Toro site.

http://www.toro.com/legal/terms.html

Ownership or Intellectual Property, Limitations on Use

All content, data, and materials contained on this Site, together with all related rights with respect to registered and unregistered copyrights, registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks, patents, trade secrets and all other proprietary rights are exclusively owned or licensed by Toro. All of the foregoing are protected under the laws of the State of Minnesota, the United States, foreign jurisdictions, and/or international treaties.

This Site and all related proprietary rights shall remain the exclusive property of Toro or the applicable licensors of content, data, or materials. You are permitted to download or print one copy of material published on this Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you do not modify the materials or remove or obscure any proprietary notices contained in the materials. Except as specified in the preceding sentence, you may not reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, adapt, re-post, or otherwise use this Site or the content, data, and materials contained on this Site. Use of this Site does not in any respect whatsoever constitute a grant of any license or other right to use or exploit any of the proprietary rights related to this Site.

MikesRJ

:scratchead:

cet413

So as long as you don't sell or make a profit it's OK to host copyrighted material?

Some of the Toro manuals are required to be purchased and with your site people can bypass purchasing them from Toro and get them for free. I'd ask to be safe.......... legal@toro.com

The Toro Company

8111 Lyndale Ave

Bloomington, MN 55420-1196

Attention: Legal Department

MikesRJ

Contacted Toro at 9:20 EDT this morning and emailed at the same time.