Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

Hydro Question

KB9LOR

As most of you know I have a Electro 12 Hydro, I have a 877 Hydro for parts, will the valve body work on the Electro? The Electro has a Sundstrand 90-2046 w hyd lift the 877 has a Sundstrand 3100077 without Hyd lift. Now from where I have been studying this for awhile and they look pretty much the same but the 877 has plugs where you would hook up for the Hyd lift, anyone know if swapping out the valve bodys would work?

thanks!

refracman

All you need to do is remove the cones and springs from the 12 hydro and reinstall the in the other. Refer to the 12hydro trans manual and you'll see where they are located.

As a side note the 877 pump could be a less volume pump, dont know for sure but could be. If all you'll be doing is mowing grass you probably will never notice but you really work it it could be noticable then.

Sarge

I'm pretty sure those are two different charge pumps, unless you swap the whole unit the valves may not work right. The Charger should be the later style with a T handle for the tow valve. Most of the '67 and older used a 1/2" cone-headed valve that had to be loosened for towing.

Sarge

KB9LOR

They both have the same type tow valve, I thought of only using the valve body and not the pump, but I am pretty sure the pump is okay on the electro, as the lift workes perfectly, but on hills it will not climb them at all, I am gonna try to get to it this weekend, and the only thing it will be used for is mowing. and thanks for the info it helps alot!