Sign in to follow this  
Prater

c111wheel horse

Prater

What is a c111 workhorse worth? It needs the carb rebuilt and is not in new condition. It has a 4 speed hi and low. It was running two years ago but it has not being started in two years. :scratchead:

tgranthamfd

Hey Steve, did you see that one in Lawton? It looked to be in deciens shape, for the price, but I don't know a lot about the 11hp Briggs engines. Give gwgdog66 a shout and see what his thoughts are about it. If that is the one you are talking about. :scratchead:

Prater

This is Steves dad. Don. That is the one that I am looking at. I have a Work Horse with the same engine. I talked to the guy that owns it and he did not know much about it. It was his dads. I was just wanting to know about what it would be worth.

Prater

:scratchead: By the way Steve said hi. He is in Georgia working.

Sparky

Assuming it has no attachments I would guess it at about $100-$150. Attachments would bring the price up of course.

The Briggs tractors never bring the same money as a similar equipt tractor with a Kohler.

Mike.......

Prater

Thanks I will offer a little more since it has a mower

gwgdog66

Steven / Dad Prater,

The pictures I seen looked to be in decent shape. I have no experience with the Briggs engine. A carb rebuild should be easy enough. It looks like it may have a 36" RD deck. Those do mow nicely. (Terry has one on his C series) A plus is any attachments you have for your work horse would fit it also.

Tell Steven Hi for us.

tgranthamfd

Hi Dad Prater, tell Steve we said hello, Really liked the work you did on your Work Horse. I thought the price the guy was asking is descent, never can tell you might be able to get it $100 TO $50 cheeper. never know until you try. Those little 36" RD decks do mow nicely, even when th P.O. chops off the corner to try to make it a side / rear discharge :scratchead: Don't know what he was thinking when he did that. Just keep in mind, in our neck of the woods, the Horses are kinda of a rare breed. Good luck, hope you can work out a good deal on it. Keep us posted.

T-Mo

A friendly reminder here on what's it worth posts. Please read this, heed it, and then proceed with caution if you must: What's it worth?

Bottom line - asking what's it worth is really to the seller and buyer. There are too many factors involved and remember, pictures are essential here.

dkopp

I bought a C-111 several years ago for $75. The sheet metal was rusted but straight and the motor had the most problems (missing covers, holes in carb, etc...). My thoughts are that motors can be fixed and as long as the tractor is solid and in half way descent shape, it's worth what you want to put into it or get out of it. After I bought it and started to look into it deeper, the engine didn't look feasible to fix (all aluminum block, no compression and needed a hole new carb). Even if I part it out I will get my money back in sheet metal parts alone.

Prater

Thanks everyone I got the tractor for a great deal. Will see what all it needs but it does looks to be in good shape. Steve be home this weekend and we are going to pick it up Sunday. Will get some pictures. :scratchead:

gwgdog66

Thanks everyone I got the tractor for a great deal. Will see what all it needs but it does looks to be in good shape. Steve be home this weekend and we are going to pick it up Sunday. Will get some pictures. :hide:

:scratchead: Good Deal. If you guys detour through Marlow look us up.

Prater

Dad took it home today...

IMG_0363.jpg

gwgdog66

Steven & Don,

It was nice visiting with you guys this afternoon. Have fun with the C-111 :scratchead: