Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

Vertical Herd grows again

combatmp29r

Well thanks to Chevelletowns generousity by picking these up and holding on to them for me. The vertical herd has grown again. The 2 verts for sale in IN that I was sniped on the other night are now official members of the herd. Like was said elsewhere on here, it was one of our members that inadvertantly sniped me on them. His offer was to go ahead and pay for them and pick them up and then we could make right the difference. $1.00 difference no big deal to the tractor fund LOL

joelsverts012.jpg

joelsverts011.jpg

joelsverts005.jpg

joelsverts009.jpg

joelsverts001.jpg

Now some one cut holes in the right side of the dash stands on both, but I have a perfect one from the LR I picked up from mike a few weeks back :thumbs: Not bad for under $60 I don't believe

Kelly

Nice Joel, :P What years did they make the glass bodys :thumbs: ? Didn't someone else here buy some tractors from a guy that put sears/cub seats on everything? like the one you have.

Your going to have to hang them from the rafters :D I know a guy that did that, we walked in to the back of his barn, and there is two verts hanging up in the air nice ones too.

I think last year at our local junk yard I think they had a glass bodied WH but it was blue brush painted :thumbs: I never knew they made them.

I learn something everytime I log on and read the new post.

combatmp29r

Kelly it was TTs 702, and 704 that had the sears seats. Must be some unwritten law out there that non Wh guys have to put sears seats on them? :D:thumbs:

They made the fiberglass lawn rangers from 69-73. I bought a blower for them from jason Jschalh a little while back. Si i guess I'll pu togethor one good one with a deck and blower for the herd :thumbs:

TT

Kelly it was TTs 702, and 704 that had the sears seats. Must be some unwritten law out there that non Wh guys have to put sears seats on them?

I'm thinking that aside from the steel from the Sears tractors making good grader blades, the seats must be the only salvageable pieces that can be used on other tractors without needing cut, welded, or modified in other ways . :thumbs:

combatmp29r

I'm starting to agree with you Terry. Hmmm seems odd otherwise.

Jim_M

I just noticed the custom cabinet handle hood ornament on the one. Now why didn't I think of that?

combatmp29r

You like that? I almost missed it the first time I looked at the pictures. :D

I like the non mounted quick removal hoods too :thumbs: guy did advetise these as racers, guess I thought he'd atleasts have hood pins on them :thumbs:

TT

Joel,

Did you see this video yet?

There's some stuff on there you'll enjoy! :thumbs:

hoosier

I'm glad you ended up with those. They were only 10-12 miles from me. I thought about bidding but could see a guy like you willing to come this far deserved them.

combatmp29r

:P :D 3 V8s, a B series, 1 fiberglass lawn ranger, and at the end when he's talking about the rest in pieces bit there is a 6-7111 plow frame sticking up :thumbs:

:D time to go prowling :thumbs:

TT

It might be a heck of a road trip! I don't think he's in Ohio. :thumbs:

I believe there might be a shotgun around there too. (and maybe a banjo?????) :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Hmmm have to find some poor fool to go with me thats more fresh meat than me. :thumbs:

Rollerman

I believe there might be a shotgun around there too. (and maybe a banjo?????)

Funny stuff there!!

Don't supose his dads station wagon is orange with a rebel flag?

TT

I was actually thinking more along the lines of an old rusty Scout..... :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Boy been along time since I watched that :thumbs:

perry

Nice Joel, :D What years did they make the glass bodys :thumbs: ? I never knew they made them.

I learn something everytime I log on and read the new post.

i never knew either :P . looks like a good addition to your vert herd :thumbs: .

combatmp29r

Thanks Perry I was very happy with the find. :thumbs:

T-Mo

Man, you guys got sharp eyes. I didn't noticed the "aftermarket hood handle/ornament" until someone mentioned it. Joel, since these hoods were unmounted, you did strapped them down? :thumbs: I've seen and heard of people not strapping mounted hoods down and having them come up on them on the road. I always drive a tractor forward on a trailer for that reason. Heard of a story where someone bought a new tractor, either from Sears or HD - can't remember which, and the store loaded it up on the guy's trailer backwards. Only to have the hood fly up and get severely damaged after they guy headed down the road on the way home. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Well Ken (chevelletown) picked them up for me. From what I've seen it the pics he sent me yes he hauled them in the truck strapped down off the tractors. I'd have made the trip myself, but the wife is getting close to her due date and having alot of complications with the pregnancy. So my long haul tractor recovery is on temp standby :thumbs: She actually spent a few days in the Hosp this last week and the way the weekends going so far wheb she sees her Doc tomorrow may just end up back in there. :thumbs:

Kelly

Sorry to here about your wife, I hope everthing goes good, Best of luck, 9 years ago I went racing about 2 hours from home I won the whole thing that night, but my wife had our son the next morning that was close.

combatmp29r

Yeah I missed the birth of our 1st child because of a military hop beign behind schedule :thumbs: I got to Ft Knox 3 hours late :thumbs: Thanks for the concern Kelly.

perry

hope all go's well. no fun having complications. we went threw that with our first. alot of in & out of the hospital. keep us informed.

that chelletown sounds like a pretty nice fella. kinda sucks when you gotta pass up on a good find. but family comes first. most of us here would do the same thing for others.

if their in my nieghbor i have no promblem storing tractors for you guys.

combatmp29r

Thanks Perry. Yeah it does suck. Doesn't help any she's an ER nurse, so she waits even longer than most people to go to or call the doc, because she knows better :thumbs:

I agree about the pick up and store deal. I know I've offered afew guys on here to snag something for them and hold onto it until pick up can be arranged

Mith

Hey Joel, why do you reckon they cut the holes in the side of the dash tower?

My little lawnranger has a hole in the exact same place! :thumbs:

combatmp29r

I'm not sure Jim. The one pic had battery cables sticking out throught the hole?? :thumbs: Nothing is hidden under there that you can't get to. Not sure why it was done.