slk 36 #1 Posted Wednesday at 07:20 PM The lift arm on the right side of the tractor looks like it needs a spacer that raises the deck. Is that suppose to be like that?? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,197 #2 Posted Wednesday at 07:23 PM Should be tightened, but just enough to still allow the front bracket to pivot. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
slk 36 #3 Posted Wednesday at 07:54 PM It would have to be tightened about 3/4” to even come close. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 13,029 #4 Posted Wednesday at 08:19 PM Download the manual for the deck - there is a steel bushing as npart of that linkage - yours seems to be missing. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
slk 36 #5 Posted Wednesday at 08:23 PM I do not even know what deck i have but I was thinking there should be a bushing of sorts in there as well. Are there manuals for the decks here on the site? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 13,029 #6 Posted Wednesday at 08:40 PM Absolutely - all free to download. In the Manuals section. under Implements - Mower Decks and Reels. A storehouse of knowledge there. There may also be notes of interest on the download page - NLA parts and superceeded P/N's - those kinds of helpful things. Disassemble one of the other ends of the linkage - check out the bushing... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
gwest_ca-(File Mod) 12,485 #7 Posted Wednesday at 09:44 PM Will guess this is a 42" side discharge deck. Here is a list of the possible candidates so you have model numbers to search. Decks are sized by their width of cut - not the width of the deck. If you want to check enter a model number as written here and it will quickly show an illustrated parts list without downloading anything. Then you can search for manuals in our library. https://www.partstree.com/ Mower DNA 42" side discharge 1966-1967 model RL-426 (Have operator manual) replaced by 1968 model 5-1421 (Have operator manual) 1969 model 5-1422 (Have operator manual) 1970 model 5-1423 (Have operator manual) 1971 model 5-1000 (Have operator manual) 1971-1972 model 5-1001 (Have operator manual) 1973-1974 model 5-1010 (Have operator manual) 1975 model 5-1011 (Have operator manual) 1975 model 5-1012 (Have operator manual) 1976 model 65-42MS01 (Have operator manual) - Online Toro parts illustration is the 48" SD deck 1976 model 65-42MS02 (Do not have operator manual) - Online Toro parts illustration is the 48" SD deck 1977 model 75-42MS01 - (Do not have operator manual) These 42" side discharge decks all use blades with 5/8" x 3/4" double-D center hole unless the spindles have been upgraded. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- These decks all use blades with a 3/4" center hole. 1977 model 75-42MS02 replaced by (Do not have operator manual) 1978 model 85-42MS01 (Do not have operator manual) 1979 model 95-42MS00 (Do not have operator manual) 1979 model 95-42MS01 (Do not have operator manual) 1980 model 05-42MS01 (Have operator manual) 1981-1983 model 05-42MS02 (Have operator manual) 1984 model 05-42MS03 (Have operator manual) - Last year for bearings with 3/4" ID 1985 model 05-42MS04 (Do not have operator manual) - First year for bearings with 17mm ID unless older spindles were updated. 1986-1988 model 05-42MS05 (Have operator manual) 1989 model 15-42SC01 (Do not have operator manual) 1990 model 15-42SC02 (Have operator manual) 1990-1992 model 15-42SC03 (Have operator manual) 1993-2007 and 2009-2012 model 78345 (Have operator manuals) These decks all use blades with a 3/4" center hole. Note - 17mm is .669" Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
slk 36 #8 Posted Wednesday at 11:29 PM Ok From what I saw there is a bushing on both sides of that mower deck. One side is bolted with just a washers clearance leaving the side in the pic with a 1” gap. So if I make up 2 bushings that will give me a 1/2” spacing that should equal out the deck alignment pretty good. So allowing the 1/8” thickness of the inside bracket and the 1/2” space I will make some up that are 5/8” long by 5/8” diameter. That should align the deck up pretty good. BTW my deck is a 42MS01 Steve 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Rick3478 467 #9 Posted 19 hours ago No, It's not supposed to be like that. There are some parts missing. Should be a shoulder bolt or bolt and bushing. Find the exploded parts list for your deck model. If you have any trouble sourcing the parts, I probably have some used ones. - Rick Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
gwest_ca-(File Mod) 12,485 #10 Posted 19 hours ago 14 hours ago, slk said: BTW my deck is a 42MS01 Steve Do you know what the first number is? The 2nd number will be a 5 for mower decks. A second set of numbers will be the serial number and if there is a 3rd set it will be the Julian build date. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
slk 36 #11 Posted 15 hours ago Here is a pic that might help Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
gwest_ca-(File Mod) 12,485 #12 Posted 13 hours ago With a build date of October 12, 1976 will guess the deck is a 1977 model 75-42MS01 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Lee1977 7,771 #13 Posted 11 hours ago (edited) It's missing a 5/8" steel bushing with a 3/8" hole that is approximal 5/16" thick Edited 11 hours ago by Lee1977 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
slk 36 #14 Posted 11 hours ago From my measurements it should be 5/8” diameter with a 3/8” hole. The length according to what I am measuring needs to be 3/4” long. It goes in the one arm that is 1/4” thick and protrudes out 1/2” so those two together makes it 3/4” long total. I do not see any of the arms that are bent so that is how I came up with those detentions unless someone has one they have taken out and measured. I am not saying I am right at all but from what I am measuring that Is what I see. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
slk 36 #15 Posted 8 hours ago I do see that the part number is #3 and there are 4 of them. I suppose I could look at the rear ones and see what size they are. I would think all #3 parts would be the same detentions. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Rick3478 467 #16 Posted 7 hours ago #2 is a flange locknut p/n 102809, you could use a locknut and washer. #3 is a bushing p/n 102704, dimensions about what lee1977 said. #5 is a carriage bolt p/n 900063, the square shoulders prevent it from turning loose. Drawing doesn't show all of them, but yes four of each. Looks like previous owner threw it together with whatever he could find. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
John c 222 #17 Posted 6 hours ago see if the same point on the other side still has it's bushing, you should be able to match/find one in the hardware drawers at the local ace Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
slk 36 #18 Posted 6 hours ago Yes you would not believe what i have been through trying to get this C120 back to something close to original. The electrical was a mess I got that working. The seat is another fiasco. Working on that. They I noticed this mess with the mower deck. Tomorrow I will check out the rear bushings/spacers and see if they are still there. If so I will measure them. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Stan50 230 #19 Posted 1 hour ago I would assume that's the answer . Spacer inside on both sides, I had the same problem, one missing. https://www.ebay.com/itm/286801433901 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites