Jump to content
Stan50

Clevis hitch and rockshaft diy- my version

Recommended Posts

Stan50

Last few days was very productive, I made clevis hitch along with rockshaft and other small pieces. I can't take credit of this version completely because I found many ideas on this forum :D.

Unfortunately clevis hitch is not perfect, my tools are basic and  mechanical skills too, but everything works well. I don't have any hitch attachements but that will probably change. I think about some kind of rakes and weeder/ cultivator. I don't need plow or tiller.

Clevis hitch is slightly bigger, measurements are little bit different (slightly longer and wider at trans shaft) - I adjusted it to my homemade receiver hitch. Receiver hitch had to be improved too. 

 

 

WH Clevis h nd rockshaft (1).jpeg

WH Clevis h nd rockshaft (2).jpeg

 

Shaft is not moving (7/8- 22 mm diameter),secured to side plate by nut, washers and spring cotter pin. Other spring cotter pins secure moving arm at one side and shaft itself. That arm is moving freely

Edited by Stan50
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ri702bill

Is there a bronze bushing in the arm? The OE version had the arm fixed to the shaft & there were bronze bushings in the tank upright.

Excellent fabrication work.

 

WH Clevis h nd rockshaft (2).jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Stan50

@ri702bill No bushings,  original shaft is probably 3/4"' OD with 2 brass? bushings but I used 7/8" ~ 22 mm rod, which is tight fit. Shaft itself is not moving-opposite to OE- but that arm (2 big nuts and 1/4 thick flatbar) is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...