ML3   2,505 #1 Posted 8 hours ago (edited) Looking for answers from others with real experience regarding how much counterweight is needed. Ber Vac installed on 416H. So far I have rear WH wheel weights & then another 100lbs on K&B receiver hitch. Put me on seat & thats another 200lbs🙄. Driveway is only 5yr old cement & pretty level with only a slight grade to the street.  I'm not going to use chains. I am considering the rubber chains if needed. Edited 8 hours ago by ML3 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill   13,016 #2 Posted 7 hours ago (edited) The addition of tubes in the rear tires will allow you to fill them with winter windshield fluid - about 5 gallons per tire, another 35 lbs of weight per wheel - where it belongs. OR - no tubes but use RimGard (beet juice) IF it is available near you. Almost 10 lbs per gallon and does not damage the tire or rim. It must be dealer installed though, I understand. Adding shallow inner wheel weights - about another 35 lbs each helps too. Ditch the cement filled plastic weights and upgrade to the cast iron ones gets you even more weight, although it can be pricey. I am not a fan of adding weight on the frame / hitch areas, as that puts more load on the rear axle bearings. IMHO, the best place for the weight in on / in the wheels... AND, you get an added benefit from the liquid sloshing around inside - once it is in motion, it continues to do so - a huge benefit while plowing! Front wheel weights and AG style tires make a huge difference too in the snow...  Edited 7 hours ago by ri702bill 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites