Jump to content
Skwerl58

Fixing fuel issue

Recommended Posts

 
sqrlgtr
1 hour ago, Skwerl58 said:

I have been having fuel issues with my 1054. I have changed the fuel pump to electric and have  not gotten over a year out of three different Amazon pumps. I ordered a Facet pump and installed it and also changed my fuel line, fuel filter and removed the sediment bowl. The sediment bowl would catch some trash in the tube and not allow fuel into the bowl at times. I rode it today for about 10 minutes and the  issues are gone, runs great, starts quickly and not starving for gas. I think this new setup has taken care of the fuel issues.

 

I just ordered a Carbole pump from the jungle and hope thats not one of the pumps you had trouble with :unsure:. Have 2 of the Facet pumps and have had no problems so far just thought I would try one of the Carbole pumps this time because everyone said they have had good luck with them and they are half what the Facets fetch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
oldlineman

My experience is that with almost anything, you can buy a good (more expensive item) once or or a cheaper item several times, both seem in the end too cost the same!  :unsure:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ri702bill

Electric fuel pumps require clean gasoline to work well - some type of decent filter is required between the tank and the pump. A coarse screen button style is not the proper choice...

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
1 hour ago, oldlineman said:

My experience is that with almost anything, you can buy a good (more expensive item) once or or a cheaper item several times, both seem in the end too cost the same!  :unsure:

 

 

Agreed. Value is not just financial.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ri702bill
3 hours ago, oldlineman said:

My experience is that with almost anything, you can buy a good (more expensive item) once or or a cheaper item several times, both seem in the end too cost the same!  :unsure:

For me, it comes down to 2 factors - the price difference between the so-so and the better procucts - and the biggie - the PITA factor. How difficult is it to change out?

The axle seals on a Unidrive are a good example. Short change in price, but can be a chore to get the hub off. I always use a top quality brand for that.

Do it once, do it right.....

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
sqrlgtr
4 hours ago, oldlineman said:

My experience is that with almost anything, you can buy a good (more expensive item) once or or a cheaper item several times, both seem in the end too cost the same!  :unsure:

 

3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

 

 

Agreed. Value is not just financial.

 

1 hour ago, ri702bill said:

For me, it comes down to 2 factors - the price difference between the so-so and the better procucts - and the biggie - the PITA factor. How difficult is it to change out?

The axle seals on a Unidrive are a good example. Short change in price, but can be a chore to get the hub off. I always use a top quality brand for that.

Do it once, do it right.....

 

Yeah, I'm in the buy once cry once camp on most things, but the Carbole fuel pumps get some good praise on here so thought I would give them a try. 

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Ed Kennell

I tried a couple $10  pimps.  They both died the first season.     Now have the $30 Carbole pumps on three tractors for several years with no problems.

I mount them as low as possible and have good filters before the pumps.  Also remove the in tank screens from the petcocks.  Do not let the e-pumps run dry.

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
sqrlgtr
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

I tried a couple $10  pimps.

Them $10 pimps will get ya in trouble :ychain:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk

I had issues with 953. Very fine rust particles would clog the outlet fitting. I placed a magnet in the tank and any fine rust particles flow to that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...