Jump to content
Beap52

organizing electric components

Recommended Posts

 
ebinmaine

Very nice. Good upcycle on using scraps.

 

My electrical stuff is spread out across several kits. Some of the boxes came with the components but one of them is an old metal nut and bolt drawer from a dealership I once worked at.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk

They used to use plastic Tackle Boxes in the Pharmacy at the hospital I worked at on the crash carts. About 10 years ago the "laws" changed and everything had to be locked up and computerized for safety, billing and inventory control so they had to get rid of them. Outside my office is where they would pile all of their trash. So naturally i scarfed 2 of them. One of them has all the crimp ends, heat shrink and wire nuts etc. The other is a mini crash box I take to shows and it has all of my spark plug wire ends, plug wire, plugs, spare Kohler points and condenser and tools to change them out plus a few crimp ends and nuts and bolts

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
davem1111
On 10/5/2026 at 6:55 PM, Beap52 said:

For years I've let my electrical parts float around a large tool box.  Every time I needed something I had to hunt and dig.  

 

Used scraps of plywood and 1x4's.   Components that require crimping on bottom and wire nuts on top. I suspect I'll never have to purchase some of them ever again.  

 

 

That's a great idea.  I think I have enough scrap wood and hinges on hand to make at least one of those without having to buy anything. :bow-blue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...