ebinmaine 80,609 #1 Posted 2 hours ago Several years ago I was contacted by a company in Plymouth New Hampshire called Small Engine Barn to help with some needed Wheelhorse parts. A few weeks ago they had a fella named Chris walk in looking for help on a mid 80s Kohler Magnum 8 fuel cap. The industry standard caps are almost always 1.5 I.D. or 2 inch plus. There are some variants of the M8 with a 1.7 or 1.75 I.D. AND a shallow 1/2" depth. Chris was referred to me by the local shop and we texted back n forth a bit while both of us did some internet searches. I did find a thread here that shows Kohler numbers that are expensive and tough to get. Chris came up with an Ariens part number of 03181900. This cap has a built in guage. Trina's Sparky tractor has that engine. I got curious to know if it would fit so I could leave the info here. Yes. Now Trina has a working fuel guage. I believe I'll order another one and try to modify it for use on the metal tank in my 1974 C160-8 Cinnamon Horse. The bottom would need trimming so "E" wouldn't read right but the rest would be correct. Some pics. Old cap. New cap with guage. Side view. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites