Sign in to follow this  
nekovt

Can 42in(#79263) snow blower be adapted to 310-8?

nekovt

Hello!

I just bought a 79263 42 inch snow blower from someone who said he was told it could be adapted to mount on a 310-8 tractor.

The mount on the snow blower looks like it will certainly fit the front connection. But the elevation bar and the belt look completely different. It looks like it's set up for a tractor series with a PTO drive that's underneath the tractor. I've never seen anything like it.

Has anyone come across this or could send me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Brad

:scratchead:

KB9LOR

Pictures would help. but by your desciption only, sounds like a 200 series snowblower, it would fit my 212-H lol! Does it mount to the front of the mower with 2 bolts, then the supports should go back to the floor boards and the up/down lever should attach to the left footboard support.

CasualObserver

Well.... anything can be adapted with a welder, some fabrication and a few pulleys... but you'll be far better off selling that one and finding one that you need.

Yes, that thrower is for the 260 Vertical shaft series from 1996-2005. (265-6, 265-H, 267-H, 268-H, 269-H 270-H) It may also be backwards or forwards compatible with other 200 series units, but don't hold me to that.

Nick

I'd say the same as Jason, the thrower could be modified but selling or trading it for the right blower might be a better choice.

This is the parts breakdown at Parttree. http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro&mn=79263

nekovt

Thank you all the replies. I agree, it's best to sell it. I was able to find one to fit my tractor (310) but it's missing the little triangle piece that attaches to the lift bar. Does anyone know where I can get just this piece?

Thanks! Brad

Confused99

I believe it would also spin backwards in it's current configuration. Someone on here adapted a blower like this for his tractor (which was like yours)

Jason