Bar Nuthin 3,205 #1 Posted September 26 I found a decent deal on a HY-2 setup - but I'm not sure if it is compatible with my 1964 - 754. If it is, does it require a different rockshaft? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
953 nut 69,253 #2 Posted September 26 YES, read the manual. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
gwest_ca-(File Mod) 12,487 #3 Posted September 26 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #4 Posted September 26 (edited) 51 minutes ago, 953 nut said: YES, read the manual. Okay, so may take a little creative fabrication on my part but certainly looks doable! Edited September 26 by Bar Nuthin 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 13,043 #5 Posted September 26 (edited) Is what you have in the picture all you have of it? I do not see the lift bellcrank weldment. And that part is the difference between a HY-2 and a HY-3... It is the HY-3 setup that you need. To use the HY-2 setup, you hould need the hoodstand from the earlier 701, 502, 552, or 702. I also do not see the axle mount for the back pivot end of the cylinder. IF you can find the correct plow bracket for an 854, it has that built in. Ditto for the keyswitch reliocator bracket. I was able to score a complete HY-2 setup a few years back to be installed on my 502 Edited September 26 by ri702bill 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #6 Posted September 26 2 minutes ago, ri702bill said: To use the HY-2 setup, you hould need the hoodstand from the earlier 701 or 702. Well that certainly changes things. Teh bellcrank and axle mount I could deal with, but I'm not interested enough to swap out the original tower. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 13,043 #7 Posted September 26 14 minutes ago, Bar Nuthin said: Well that certainly changes things. Teh bellcrank and axle mount I could deal with, but I'm not interested enough to swap out the original tower. My intention was to mount the HY-2 setup on my 854.... but with the necessary changes required to do so, it was a no-brainer to go with the 502. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #8 Posted September 26 3 hours ago, ri702bill said: My intention was to mount the HY-2 setup on my 854.... but with the necessary changes required to do so, it was a no-brainer to go with the 502. Thanks for the great pictures. I purchased the items in my photo pretty cheap, so I can always recoup if I decide to sell. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
c-series don 12,431 #9 Posted September 26 @Bar Nuthin Looks to me like you are going to have to find a 701, 702 to mount that on ! 😂 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
wallfish 20,577 #10 Posted September 27 (edited) If you don't want that kit and want to get your money back, you can always sell it to me and I'll put it on my 654 Doubtful I will need to change the hood stand to mount it and make it work. If you do mount it to that 754, don't do any modifications which can't be reversed easily as that's a pretty rare tractor and sought after by collectors. Mods to it will lower it's value. Edited September 27 by wallfish 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #11 Posted September 27 2 hours ago, c-series don said: @Bar Nuthin Looks to me like you are going to have to find a 701, 702 to mount that on ! 😂 Well, there is always that option! 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
702854boy 1,148 #12 Posted September 28 Wouldn't the hy-2 cylinder and stuff work on the later style hoodstand as long as you have the right lift quadrant? 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
953 nut 69,253 #13 Posted September 28 Anybody with a welder and a slight bit of imagination could make it work. 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #14 Posted September 28 (edited) 23 minutes ago, 953 nut said: Anybody with a welder and a slight bit of imagination could make it work. I'm more concerned about my overactive imagination! Edited September 28 by Bar Nuthin 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #15 Posted September 30 On 9/26/2026 at 12:16 PM, ri702bill said: To use the HY-2 setup, you hould need the hoodstand from the earlier 701, 502, 552, or 702. I'm not sure where the hoodstand comes into play, since the HY-2 and the HY-3 both use the same mounting bracket, WH P/N 4816. The mounting bracket, however, is one of the parts I'm missing. Worst case scenario for the lift quadrant is I fab one from a manual lift lever (easier to find). I have the correct snowplow bracket with the tabs for the cylinder. I believe I can fabricate a box for the ignition switch and ammeter. Lastly is the pully for the crankshaft (2 1/4" dia.) part number 4811 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 13,043 #16 Posted September 30 The manual lift levers are different - 1961 and 1962 models used a thru shaft that had a square key - a real PITA to remove the assembly after it has had a chance to rust. The 1963 models introduced the rectangular block on the lever end that was easily removable. Since you do not have the HY-2 bellcrank - looks like you need to fabricate one that fits your hoodstand... 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #17 Posted September 30 1 hour ago, ri702bill said: looks like you need to fabricate one Fortunately, this tractor is going to be a long-term project, so I'll have plenty of time to sort it out. or maybe come across the right parts. Hopefully my governor spring shows up today so I can start shaking it down, mechanically. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
WHX?? 58,098 #18 Posted September 30 (edited) Here you go Bar post 25 ... that round hood you need ... Edited September 30 by WHX?? 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #19 Posted September 30 59 minutes ago, WHX?? said: Here you go Bar post 25 ... that round hood you need ... I would have jumped on that prior to buying this 754! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
WHX?? 58,098 #20 Posted September 30 34 minutes ago, Bar Nuthin said: this 754! Nuthin wrong with a 754 either. Just don't see them often enough since a 754 is not listed. You sure it's not a 704? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #21 Posted September 30 (edited) 7 minutes ago, WHX?? said: You sure it's not a 704? Serial number falls right in with the 421 reported 754 builds. 854 frame, K161 engine. Everything seems to jive. Edited September 30 by Bar Nuthin 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #22 Posted 10 hours ago (edited) Well, day 2 at the Portland, IN swap meet. I went with intentions to buy these rear tires as alternates for the lug tires. Both days I was there, I was on the lookout for parts needed to make the HY-2 pump (start of thread) work on my 754 - when low and behold! Now I have extra parts to barter with Edited 10 hours ago by Bar Nuthin 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,205 #23 Posted 9 hours ago On 9/26/2026 at 12:16 PM, ri702bill said: I was able to score a complete HY-2 setup a few years back to be installed on my 502 Did you have to bend your gear shift lever? I believe mine is a little bit different, so I don't know about clearance yet. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 13,043 #24 Posted 1 hour ago I did not, as I had already replaced it with a later style. Attached is the PDF from WH that shows where to bend the shifter. Even then, it is close - a tad mode bend may be needed. Bill HY-2_A-7140.pdf Share this post Link to post Share on other sites