Bar Nuthin 3,131 #1 Posted Saturday at 03:16 PM I found a decent deal on a HY-2 setup - but I'm not sure if it is compatible with my 1964 - 754. If it is, does it require a different rockshaft? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
953 nut 68,965 #2 Posted Saturday at 03:22 PM YES, read the manual. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
gwest_ca-(File Mod) 12,483 #3 Posted Saturday at 03:48 PM 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,131 #4 Posted Saturday at 04:13 PM (edited) 51 minutes ago, 953 nut said: YES, read the manual. Okay, so may take a little creative fabrication on my part but certainly looks doable! Edited Saturday at 04:14 PM by Bar Nuthin 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 12,942 #5 Posted Saturday at 04:16 PM (edited) Is what you have in the picture all you have of it? I do not see the lift bellcrank weldment. And that part is the difference between a HY-2 and a HY-3... It is the HY-3 setup that you need. To use the HY-2 setup, you hould need the hoodstand from the earlier 701, 502, 552, or 702. I also do not see the axle mount for the back pivot end of the cylinder. IF you can find the correct plow bracket for an 854, it has that built in. Ditto for the keyswitch reliocator bracket. I was able to score a complete HY-2 setup a few years back to be installed on my 502 Edited Saturday at 04:20 PM by ri702bill 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,131 #6 Posted Saturday at 04:21 PM 2 minutes ago, ri702bill said: To use the HY-2 setup, you hould need the hoodstand from the earlier 701 or 702. Well that certainly changes things. Teh bellcrank and axle mount I could deal with, but I'm not interested enough to swap out the original tower. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 12,942 #7 Posted Saturday at 04:40 PM 14 minutes ago, Bar Nuthin said: Well that certainly changes things. Teh bellcrank and axle mount I could deal with, but I'm not interested enough to swap out the original tower. My intention was to mount the HY-2 setup on my 854.... but with the necessary changes required to do so, it was a no-brainer to go with the 502. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,131 #8 Posted Saturday at 07:54 PM 3 hours ago, ri702bill said: My intention was to mount the HY-2 setup on my 854.... but with the necessary changes required to do so, it was a no-brainer to go with the 502. Thanks for the great pictures. I purchased the items in my photo pretty cheap, so I can always recoup if I decide to sell. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
c-series don 12,398 #9 Posted Saturday at 10:17 PM @Bar Nuthin Looks to me like you are going to have to find a 701, 702 to mount that on ! 😂 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
wallfish 20,570 #10 Posted yesterday at 12:07 AM (edited) If you don't want that kit and want to get your money back, you can always sell it to me and I'll put it on my 654 Doubtful I will need to change the hood stand to mount it and make it work. If you do mount it to that 754, don't do any modifications which can't be reversed easily as that's a pretty rare tractor and sought after by collectors. Mods to it will lower it's value. Edited yesterday at 12:08 AM by wallfish 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,131 #11 Posted yesterday at 01:01 AM 2 hours ago, c-series don said: @Bar Nuthin Looks to me like you are going to have to find a 701, 702 to mount that on ! 😂 Well, there is always that option! 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
702854boy 1,133 #12 Posted 17 hours ago Wouldn't the hy-2 cylinder and stuff work on the later style hoodstand as long as you have the right lift quadrant? 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
953 nut 68,965 #13 Posted 1 hour ago Anybody with a welder and a slight bit of imagination could make it work. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bar Nuthin 3,131 #14 Posted 1 hour ago (edited) 23 minutes ago, 953 nut said: Anybody with a welder and a slight bit of imagination could make it work. I'm more concerned about my overactive imagination! Edited 1 hour ago by Bar Nuthin Share this post Link to post Share on other sites