FLtractor 219 #26 Posted 3 hours ago 17 minutes ago, adsm08 said: This picture makes the A terminal on the S/G unit look much less broken than the other picture. That ring terminal still needs to be bolted down to it. Thank you for taking the time to break down what is needed. To clear up some areas of understanding… I will not remove the exisiting pictured A terminal bolt that holds on the A stud… You mention the wire needs to be bolted down to terminal A.. yes I know that.. the S/G is currently still off the tractor.. wanted to diagnosis and figure out if possible to get the voltage regulator working and clean it all up before putting it back on the tractor.. You mention the Bolt is broken for terminal A.. the other screw I took off the top.. I have that was on top of the wire ring and was sandwhiched between the two. By broken.. meaning the top of A stud is mangled and stud screw rings sheered off on the top? The other top bolt i took that sandwiched the A ring wire- would the broken Stud cause some issue with the electrical flow from the ignition starter terminal or no since that’s above where the starter cable connects to the terminal? The inside voltage regulator where I push down and need to clean it up- the way you wrote push down and make connection sounds as if it’s similar to the Points that make spark to cause combustion? I will sand them down very lightly to achieve better contact without corrosion. Do they sell modern replacement for these “points” inside the voltage regulator- no not parts cannon loading- just wondering if they sell contact points for inside it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
adsm08 5,117 #27 Posted 2 hours ago 3 minutes ago, FLtractor said: You mention the Bolt is broken for terminal A.. the other screw I took off the top.. I have that was on top of the wire ring and was sandwhiched between the two. By broken.. meaning the top of A stud is mangled and stud screw rings sheered off on the top? The other top bolt i took that sandwiched the A ring wire- would the broken Stud cause some issue with the electrical flow from the ignition starter terminal or no since that’s above where the starter cable connects to the terminal? After looking at some of the other pictures I'm not sure that the stud is actually damaged. I think it was just poor focus from the camera. The inside voltage regulator where I push down and need to clean it up- the way you wrote push down and make connection sounds as if it’s similar to the Points that make spark to cause combustion? I will sand them down very lightly to achieve better contact without corrosion. Yes. It operates, and is mechanically almost exactly like a set of points. The only difference is that points have a plunger on that closes them and a spring that opens them. The contacts in the regulator are closed by an electromagnet, not a plunger. Do they sell modern replacement for these “points” inside the voltage regulator- no not parts cannon loading- just wondering if they sell contact points for inside it. Beyond cleaning I do not believe that those contacts are serviceable. They will however wear very slowly, and the adjustment range is large by comparison. Purely from the perspective of contact wear the regulator should outlast the planet's petroleum supply, at which point being able to get the charging system to operate is probably not a big issue. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
702854boy 1,137 #28 Posted 37 minutes ago It looks like you might want to redo that wire that is connected to the middle terminal on the regulator as it doesn't look too proper and clean up the terminal too while you're in there Share this post Link to post Share on other sites