dscott2000

Ariens Fairway?? I dunno.. I picked it up for free

dscott2000

All the searches I have done on this thing comes up as a Fairway Classic 6. I dunno..... If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks!

TV016.jpg

Side veiw

TV017.jpg

The dashboard

TV018.jpg

The 6hp Tecumseh

TV019.jpg

Frontal veiw.

All I know is that it has a 26 inch cut, 6hp Tecumseh, it is electric start with recoil backup, and it is TINY! (I am a guy of 5 foot 10 and 190lbs and I barely fit on it!) If anyone knows what year and model it is... Please let me know! It is driving me crazy! I picked it up for free and it is perfect! Except, for the 2 and a half hours I have in it getting it running!

gwgdog66

In the third picture, is that the data plate on the left rear under the grass bagger bracket?

dscott2000

In the third picture, is that the data plate on the left rear under the grass bagger bracket?

It is. I will have to get the numbers off of it to get more info. I will probably do that tomorrow sometime when I can see the plate.

dscott2000

It is. I will have to get the numbers off of it to get more info. I will probably do that tomorrow sometime when I can see the plate.

Ok, the model number is 912011 Serial 00137

TT

I did a web search and came up with 1986. :scratchead:

wheel horse 1045

i gave my dad 1 a few years back and he loved it but the motor only lasted about a year now i have him a c80 that hes happy with but he said those were great at getting into smaller areas

dscott2000

Thanks guys! Any info on this thing is appreciated. It has me puzzled to no end! I will stick with my trusty Wheel Horse and my Murray 18.5. The lady that gave it to me said that she couldnt get it to start and she helped me load it onto my trailer. It was no problem loading it simply because it is so lightweight. If anyone wants it.. Shoot me an offer for it. I need to get something out of it simply because, I have rebuilt the carburetor and the electric starter.

chazm

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks , already have one Ariens that my wife got from her last husband,

After 2 years I just finally got it to run right. :scratchead:

Like yours the carb & stater needed work.

Will stay with my Raider 9 & let her use the Ariens :ychain:

:hide:

jpmcleod

Is that a Craftsman 917 sitting next to it? I have tow and they are great worker around the yard and grove.

dscott2000

Is that a Craftsman 917 sitting next to it? I have tow and they are great worker around the yard and grove.

It sure is. I got that one from a guy that was just gonna junk it. All the darn thing needed was belts, an oil change, and a battery! OH! And some air in the tires! :scratchead:

jpmcleod

I have 5 John Deere tractors, 3 Wheel Horse tractors, but I get more use out of the two Craftmsans because I don't want to tear up the other ones. I took a brush guard from a wrecked truck and made shorter cross brackets. I mounted it on the front of one of my 917's and push everything around the yard with it. They are great work tractors and parts are plentiful. Saves my collector tractors.

dscott2000

I have 5 John Deere tractors, 3 Wheel Horse tractors, but I get more use out of the two Craftmsans because I don't want to tear up the other ones. I took a brush guard from a wrecked truck and made shorter cross brackets. I mounted it on the front of one of my 917's and push everything around the yard with it. They are great work tractors and parts are plentiful. Saves my collector tractors.

I totally agree!! My 917 is my workhorse. It seems to take everything I can throw at it!! I should do your idea for a brush guard on mine. I just dont have the time right now.

sscotsman

Dscott,

looks like you have a 1989 Ariens "912 series" mower.

Here is your owners manual:

http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/012318A.pdf

and your parts manual:

http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/PM-12-89.pdf

I dont know much about Ariens mowers, but I have a webpage about 1960's and 1970's Ariens snowblowers, (link is in my sig)

I found your model year, and the manuals, by plugging the model and serial number into the Ariens lookup, here:

Ariens Manuals

Scot

dscott2000

Dscott,

looks like you have a 1989 Ariens "912 series" mower.

Here is your owners manual:

http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/012318A.pdf

and your parts manual:

http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/PM-12-89.pdf

I dont know much about Ariens mowers, but I have a webpage about 1960's and 1970's Ariens snowblowers, (link is in my sig)

I found your model year, and the manuals, by plugging the model and serial number into the Ariens lookup, here:

Ariens Manuals

Scot

Wow! That is it!! All the part numbers on it match up perfectly! Thank you so much for checking that out for me! :thumbs:

rickv1957

Looks to be in pretty good shape,Rick

dscott2000

Looks to be in pretty good shape,Rick

It is pretty solid. The only real flaw I see in it is on the nose peice. There is some rust starting up on it. Problem is, that I cant seem to find the right paint to fix it.

jeb
On 10/12/2009 at 4:56 AM, dscott2000 said:

All the searches I have done on this thing comes up as a Fairway Classic 6. I dunno..... If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks!

TV016.jpg

Side veiw

TV017.jpg

The dashboard

TV018.jpg

The 6hp Tecumseh

TV019.jpg

Frontal veiw.

All I know is that it has a 26 inch cut, 6hp Tecumseh, it is electric start with recoil backup, and it is TINY! (I am a guy of 5 foot 10 and 190lbs and I barely fit on it!) If anyone knows what year and model it is... Please let me know! It is driving me crazy! I picked it up for free and it is perfect! Except, for the 2 and a half hours I have in it getting it running!

On 10/12/2009 at 4:56 AM, dscott2000 said:

TV016.jpg

Side veiw

TV017.jpg

The dashboard

TV018.jpg

The 6hp Tecumseh

TV019.jpg

Frontal veiw.

jeb

I have one exactly like that,Ariens has a number you can call with model and serial numbers and they can identify the year. Mine is a 1986 and looks exactly like yours,but you might want to check anyway.  You can find the phone number online ,I didn't save it,sorry.

Darb1964

I had a 1986, I bought it new, that was a long time ago, I thought it had a 5 horse briggs. I think it also available with a 8horse Briggs. I paid around 1200 for it and got 1000 in triad towards my 520-h three years later. I still have the 520-h. It worked good, never had a problem with it.