FLtractor 223 #1 Posted August 10 Evening, Came across these marketplace different state.. were they a special edition or just standard factory painted chrome hubcaps? Seller asking $40.00 for all. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
kpinnc 18,960 #2 Posted August 10 They are plastic hubcaps. Not sure what they were made for, but were regularly on the 260 series (?) vertical engine machines. But they will fit 8 and 12 inch wheels. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
FLtractor 223 #3 Posted August 10 (edited) 1 hour ago, kpinnc said: They are plastic hubcaps. Not sure what they were made for, but were regularly on the 260 series (?) vertical engine machines. But they will fit 8 and 12 inch wheels. Oh ok interesting.. so not as durable as the chromes for the earlier 856 and 60s era. Thank you for info Edited August 10 by FLtractor Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
kpinnc 18,960 #4 Posted August 10 3 hours ago, FLtractor said: Oh ok interesting.. so not as durable as the chromes for the earlier 856 and 60s era. Thank you for info I think they are much more durable. In addition, they don't rust in FL humidity. They just need repainted. Mask off the chrome and you're all set. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Racinbob 13,187 #5 Posted August 10 First time I've seen that color. I thought they were all gray with gold emblems but since I'm not a hub cap fan I have these sitting on a shelf. I think they were made for the anniversary model. 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mike'sHorseBarn 3,681 #6 Posted August 10 The gold one's were for the 1996 50th anniversary tractors. The rest of them were in fact gray. 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
lynnmor 9,040 #7 Posted August 10 95 & 97 had the silver centers, 96 had the gold. The color of the plastic changes with age and sun exposure. 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites