Handy Don 17,474 #27 Posted August 19 I just noticed the rubber bands holding the wings. My first training plane had them and I learned the hard way that they must be the length and strength specified to perform properly. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pullstart 71,233 #28 Posted August 19 17 hours ago, Handy Don said: I just noticed the rubber bands holding the wings. My first training plane had them and I learned the hard way that they must be the length and strength specified to perform properly. What rubber bands? Win for the airplane day - my tail rudder was indeed backwards. Loss for the day - I still can’t take off well. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
8ntruck 9,296 #29 Posted August 19 20 hours ago, Handy Don said: I just noticed the rubber bands holding the wings. My first training plane had them and I learned the hard way that they must be the length and strength specified to perform properly. I had a Cox PT 19 control line trainer. Same thing - held together by rubber bands. On one flight, the bands holding the wing on failed. The plane fell right out of the sky. We got a pretty good laugh over that one. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites