Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Need Measurements for early 55 RJ35

stevebo

I am missing the gas tank on my 55 Rj35. This is the one that sits on the stand under the hood. The stand looks like about 5 inches wide by 10 inches tall. If anyone has the measurements or may know where I can get a custom one made that would be great. Thanks- Steve Bo

captjake

Hey steve, I can get you the measurements off my 60 suburban 400 gas tank. I don't know if it's the same as the 55. Sucks, all gas tanks on the market these days are plastic.

Did you buy the engine?

dw1973

I am missing the gas tank on my 55 Rj35. This is the one that sits on the stand under the hood. The stand looks like about 5 inches wide by 10 inches tall. If anyone has the measurements or may know where I can get a custom one made that would be great. Thanks- Steve Bo

I have a nice dent free tank with original gas cap for an early 55. Make an offer.

VinsRJ

Steve, I'm about 95% sure your 55 would have had a Clinton tank on the stand..... Check with Papke to be 100%. I believe I have an NOS Clinton tank "in stock".

stevebo

Guys,

This is an old thread. I found a Clinton tank (got from Joe P). Just need to finish the hood and fire it up.

If anyone has a correct muffler for the clinton I would be interested. I am not sure if the early 55's had a carb coming off the head or was it piped to the front like the newer rjs??

VinsRJ

Ya yes Steve........ old thread.

Early RJ35s would have had the "S" style cast iron intake for the carb and a tube muffler off the head.