Sign in to follow this  
billyban1

Collector Question

billyban1

Question for Collectors:

I

nylyon

Hi and :scratchead:

First off let me say that anything will be opinion. I will speak for almost all RedSquare members by saying that no one would want to see a tractor in the condition you describe parted out, there are plenty of others much better suited for that I am sure.

If you're interested in getting TOP dollar for the machine, then eBay would probably be the way to go, but you'll never know who is bidding or what will happen to the machine when it is won, but you already knew that.

RedSquare is a great place to sell the tractor, and you are almost assured that it will be in a home where machines like yours are highly appreciated. There are other forums where you can be almost assured of the same.

I know that answer / opinion sounds a little vague, and the next question is sure to be what can I sell it for, and there is really no set standard, it all depends on what you need to get for it and pictures will almost always help.

Good Luck,

wheel horse 1045

theres alot of collectors on here,post a picture and go from there. post it in the for sale area

Kelly

What are you asking for it ? I'm kinda interested

sorekiwi

Kelly is pretty much the definition of the word "collector". How many have you got now Kelly?!!

I'm sure there is more than a few serious enthusiasts here that would love that tractor...

Kelly

Mike how about to many, the nicer ones that stay in the barn around 25 but all together 50+ and a few off brands. I have a 857 I'd like to restore but it's only in fair shape.

Duff

Billyban, let me also say :ychain: !

I think Coach said it about the best. I would only add that the folks here are probably the *most* dedicated group of Wheel Horse enthusiasts out there, and with over 2,000 members someone here will very likely want to buy your machine and preserve it as the original owner would have wanted. :scratchead:

If you're not in a huge hurry (but I do understand winter is coming on and your space constraints), please post it in our "Classifieds" section and give it some time to be viewed. Some of us check this forum daily (or several times a day!), and others only occasionally. It will get excellent exposure if you put it up for sale here. I'm in New Hampshire and a 300-series person or I'd take a shot at it myself!

JMHO and good luck!

Duff :hide:

wheel horse 1045

welcome and do you have any pictures of your tractors

billyban1

Thanks everyone!

Seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I'll take a camera home with me tonight and take some pictures for posting. We're supposed to have good weather this evening and then the rain will start again tomorrow, so it has to be this evening.

I don't know if I can be called a collector or not. I don't show my tractors, but I do enjoy working them. Whatever the task, I try to involve a Wheel Horse. I enjoy it when someone drives by and stares at my shiny clean 1975 C-160 as I drive it around the yard cutting grass. You couldn't trade me a brand new green & yellow machine for any one of my Horses. No Way!

linen beige

First off...:scratchead:

You certainly have my attention! It sounds like a short day trip could be in order.

I would like to see some pics and a ball park on price.

linen beige

SOLD AMERICAN! A short day trip (actually early evening) was indeed in order.

She's been smuggled south guys. :scratchead:

It was great to meet you Bill. I wish I'd had a bit more time to 'Horse around. The 857 will be taken good care of.

tgranthamfd

Congradulations, I guess the pictures will be on tomorrow, right?? :scratchead: :hide:

sgtsampay

Wow, that was fast. LOL.

linen beige

Congradulations, I guess the pictures will be on tomorrow, right?? :hide::ychain:

Pee-pooring rain today :scratchead: and the poor girl is still in the back of my truck. :ychain:

The weekend is going to be rather hectic, what with a move to another town coming up 11-02, but I might be able to get some shots early next week? :ychain:

billyban1

Jim,

Can you post some of the pictures I sent you? I thought they were some good pictures.

linen beige

Jim,

Can you post some of the pictures I sent you? I thought they were some good pictures.

They are excellent pics Bill, but that assumes I know how to transport them into this sight. :scratchead:

billyban1

That's the same problem I'm having. Last week I printed out someones instructions for doing that on this site, but haven't had time to read it, let alone try it.

tgranthamfd

They are excellent pics Bill, but that assumes I know how to transport them into this sight. :scratchead:

You should be able to right click on them,save picture as, put the into a folder in your pictures on your computer, then go onto photo bucket and upload them there, then post them here. That is how I did it on my 2 newest additions. They were from a craigs list add.

linen beige

After a little creative english here's some of Bill's pics of the old girl.

P1010005.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010007.jpg

I drove her off my truck this afternoon and put her straight to work. She mows GREAT!. The lighter even works.

tgranthamfd

Good looking machine, it was worth the wiat on the pictures. :scratchead: Once again congradulations.