Sign in to follow this  
TT

HL-5 headlights in photo gallery

TT

Greg,

Where did you get those lights? :thumbs: Aside from them being on the mount the wrong way, they look different than the set I had on my 753. (I sold them last year.) Are there any manufacturer markings on them?

Do you have the tail light and switch & bracket too?

pond195520032003

Terry, the lights are actually off a different brand tractor, and were mounted on the rear! i got them for free :P the bracket i found by accident when i saw a bunch of garden tractors at a guys place and stopped :thumbs: usual answer nothing is for sale :P i asked to look at them anyway and noticed the bracket on the :D and asked about it and he said make me an offer :D:thumbs: $5.00 got it :P:D the lights have Wallfin 72 Japan on them :D:D no i dont have the tail light, switch or bracket :D:D i talked to bill and he said they made several types of lights :D

TT

My kit was on my old 876 when I bought it. It was installed when the tractor was new, and the previous owner saved all of the paperwork. (and everything else -- including all of the broken or worn out parts he ever replaced!)

I took the kit off the 876 the day after I brought it home and locked it away in a cabinet.

I put it on my 753 a while later, but just didn't like the way it looked. :thumbs:

It ended up on ebay and I got decent money out of it, but I suppose it would be nice to have it back again. I thought I saved the pictures from when I had it listed, but can't find them anywhere now. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

when/if you find em :thumbs: post em i would like to see it :thumbs:

TT

I can't find those pictures anywhere, but I did find this:

hl-5ipl.jpg

pond195520032003

cool, thanks! this is the first break down i have seen :thumbs:

TT

Sorry it's such a ratty image. It's a copy of a copy of a copy. :thumbs::D

I still have a NOS headlight switch (also for electric PTO's) here somewhere, and I believe I still have one good used tail light in the cabinet in the shop. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

:D :thumbs: for sale :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Greg he might bolt them onto a sears and send them your way on a red trailer from your area :thumbs: :thumbs:

pond195520032003

:thumbs:

combatmp29r

:thumbs: Orange and white sears his boy has? My trailer :D Ringing a bell :thumbs:

pond195520032003

yea, i need to get that deal closed :thumbs: :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Yeah if you buy it Terry can't convince me to buy so many from him. Less trailer space :D:thumbs: he seems to be picking up a few verts. I have a bad feeling bout dis :thumbs:

TT

Here's what I have:

hl-5208001.jpg

The switch WITHOUT the knob is the original P/N 5273 -- the other switch is a Cole - Hersee direct replacement. I think you can still buy the knobs from Cole - Hersee dealers. (in black, white, or beige)

I suppose this stuff is for sale....... or trade. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

sounds like a plan :thumbs: will have to see what i come up with or cash :thumbs:

pond195520032003

yes he can, cause you can stack em :thumbs: :thumbs:

TT

And on a disappointing note, I found the box where your two other 8002 boots USED to be Joel. :thumbs:

Seems rodents like the taste of paper AND rubber, but they dont enjoy metal or little springs. :thumbs:

I did find the rest of the stuff to be intact though.....

Here's a few P/N's of NOS vertical tranny stuff from the box:

7949 gear / 7995 shifter fork / 7993 bearing race / 8867 special washer

combatmp29r

insert crying smilie here (can't believe we don't have one :D ) Darn mice :thumbs::P about the otheer parts though :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Stack them? :thumbs: Not sure the Police would like that wether I carry a badge or not. :thumbs:

TT

:D about the other parts though :thumbs:

I guess that's a surprise for you, huh?

I forgot I had that other stuff, so I never did tell you about it. (not that it's a lot -- but it is NOS, man! :thumbs: )

combatmp29r

Forgot about Vert parts :thumbs: LOL yea quite a surprise :thumbs:

TT

It was a box of NOS small parts I bought because it contained the two P/N 8002 boots which I needed for Nick's Commando. (at the time) When the first transmission broke shortly after I got the boots, I bought another complete transaxle that had a good shifter boot so I never used the "new" ones.

I actually brought the box in the house tonight and ran the P/N's through Sohar's so I could find out what they were for.

Turned out most of it is for verticals! :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Sweet. Never hurts to have NOS parts around :thumbs: May save some transaxle from be split open as an organ donor :thumbs:

pond195520032003

NOS parts are always good eck21.gif ans nice to have when you need them :thumbs:

TT

Well, whenever Joel gets a chance to come get the rest of this stuff, those parts will be going back home with him.

I think he's even going to "inherit" a Commando 7 "wrong" side discharge deck too.