Sign in to follow this  
Doubletrouble

Wheel weights?? or not??

Doubletrouble

That's fine. I honestly couldn't remember for sure what it was. It's been sitting in the corner for about 6 months. The weights you made are pretty nice. you should consider making them and selling them here on red square. Just a thought.

earlleecliffton

they are cnc torch cut out of 3 3/4 thick steel

HorseFixer

Pretty nice weights! :scratchead:

earlleecliffton

mine are red and ready too go on. thanx

earlleecliffton

i got two sets i would sell for resonable offer?

WheelHorse_of_course

LOL scott, I'm gonna look around for some weights. I'd prefer the cast iron but they're a bit $$. I'm also gonna look at TSC and see if they have something there too. Money is tight so I'm limited but I'll do some shopping and see what I find.

If you have kids in JR or SR high school, convince them to take metals class and cast some iron weights!

:hide: :scratchead:

Doubletrouble

LOL, The oldest boy was in masonry school. He's now in the Navy. He said to cast some outa concrete and use pvc as tubes for the bolt holes. Got me thinkin again.....

pbradley68

I was thinking of buying those cheap hollow plastic weights and cutting them in half and using them for concrete molds to make as many weights as I wanted. With some hydraulic cement mixed with standard cement I would think they would hold up well. And maybe insert some metal or pvc sleeves for the bolt holes. I found some locally so I didn't go that route.

Doubletrouble

Ok, I'm not a mason. What is hydraulic cement? I was thinking of making a mold a lil smaller the the inside diameter of the wheel and use pvc for the bolts to pass through to attach them and maybe spray them with rubberized undercoat just for a protective layer.

pbradley68

Ok, I'm not a mason. What is hydraulic cement? I was thinking of making a mold a lil smaller the the inside diameter of the wheel and use pvc for the bolts to pass through to attach them and maybe spray them with rubberized undercoat just for a protective layer.

Hydraulic cement is used for cracks in foundations to prevent water from coming in because it expands and is very dense. I was thinking a little added to regular cement may beef up the strength some but I'm not a mason either so I could be wrong. Or just buy cement with the highest psi you can find. If you really want to get fancy you could always mix in some shredded fiberglass for strength. If you make a mold don't forget to apply a releasing agent to the mold before pouring so that the cement doesn't stick to it.