Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

Well, It's Time for College Football

stevasaurus

not so fast John...if Iowa ends up co-champs...Iowa could still get a BCS bowl bid...

you may have to root for Illinois :WRS: next friday when they play undfeated

Cinncinati...but you never know. :notworthy:

go Mich. Iowa and of course Northwestern :thumbs:

C-Series14

GO BUCKS!

O-H-I-O

Brrly1

Steve, As long as Iowa defeats Minnesota, I believe they will get an-at-large BCS bowl game. It will just depend on which one they get, maybe Fiesta Bowl possible Orange Bowl. Nothing more to say but Go Hawkeyes!!! See Ya, Bye Burly

:notworthy:

Brrly1

Well it wasn't pretty but the Floyd of Rosedale still resides in Iowa City. !2 - 0 was final score. There were alot of punts and quite a few turnovers but we were on the topside. Now we are just waiting for that call to now to find out where we will be bowling this January. No matter where it is at, it should be a warm place to play. Congrats Hawkeyes!!! Go Hawkeyes!!! See Ya, Bye Burly

stevasaurus

hey guys...did some digging into the bowls...this isn't complecated, but will take some typing:

there are 5 BCS bowls:

CHAMPIONSHIP 1 against 2 at this point Florida/Alabama

ROSE OHIO ST. / OREGON?

FIESTA that leaves room for 6 teams...4 are undefeated...texas,tcu

ORANGE cincinnati, and boise st. that leaves 2 more spots, and there

SUGAR are 2- 1 loss teams...georgia tech & pittsburgh

there are also 6 more bowls that have Big Ten partnerships: bottom line...only

7 tems in the Big Ten are bowl elidgeable...so

ALAMO 1-2-10 probably Iowa / a Big 12

CAPITAL 1-1-10 probably Penn ST. or Wis / an Sec

OUTBACK 1-1-10 probably Wis or Penn St. / an Sec

INSIGHT 12-31-09 probably NW...MICH ST...MINN / Beg 12

CHAMPS SPORTS 12-31-09 probably NW...MICH ST...MINN / ACC

LITTLE CAESARS 12-26-09 probably NW...MICH ST...MINN / MAC

Sorry Iowa fans...if Mich won today and became bowl elidgable...that would make 8 Big Ten teams elidgeable for the bowls...it still is possible that if Illinois beats Cincinnati next Friday...could through a wrench in the works...and Iowa could get a BCS bowl...which I think they deserve.

Bottom line...John, I think that I am not the only one rooting for Illinois nest Friday. :thumbs: The only thing I could not find out...who those other bowls pick up if the Big Ten teams don't cut it or qualify for better. :WRS:

Food for thought :) ......go BIG TEN :notworthy:

C-Series14

Well, the Buckeyes showed up in that state up north and behaved themselves when challenged. Will keep it civilized and not say anything more.

Congrats to Iowa on a great season. :notworthy:

Oh, and...

Go Bucks!

stevasaurus

I gotta say...congratulations to OHIO ST. this year... Everyone knew you were the team to beat....at least I did. Glad you are not playing USC in the Rose Bowl...

think you can beat Oregon if that is who you end up with..vindication is yours...and for all Big Ten fans...good luck on 1-1-2019 :notworthy:

GET UR DONE

bitten

GO BUCKEYES

evanloock

Alabama and Florida will not be playing each other in the National Championship. We (Bama) face Florida in the SEC Title Game on Dec.5. The winner will most likely play Texas in the National Championship game. ROLL TIDE!!!

Brrly1

Steve, from what I understand there is a pretty good chance that Iowa could end up in either the Fiesta Bowl or the Orange Bowl at least thats what they were talking about during the game. I will keep my fingers crossed at least they are not playing in the Motor City Bowl. They said the last time Iowa went to the Orange Bowl they sold 48,000 tickets plus another 8,000 that sat in the parking lot that couldn't get in. At least it was warm. Go Hawkeyes!!! Go Big Ten!!! See Ya, Bye Burly

stevasaurus

J. Eric...welcome to the thread...you are right...I did not take into account the

playoffs the some of the conferences have...Roll Tide...would like to see bama/tex

Don't know if you remember...and I could be off a little...but 72-73 or 73-74

Notre Dame/Bama for the marbles 2 years in a row...Red A.. retired a couple of years after that. God...I was wearing bell bottoms back then. :thumbs:

My guess...if Iowa gets a BCS bid...there will not be a Big Ten team in the motor

city bowl in Detroit...have to wait and see.

Hey...would it hurt you guys that much to root for Illinois next Friday...for the Big Ten...could be helping Iowa. :):WRS: :notworthy:

Brrly1

Steve, You have got my vote. I always root for the Big Ten !!! Go Big Ten !!! and then of course, Go Hawkeyes!!! See Ya, Bye Burly

evanloock

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brrly1

Well, Today is the day or evening that they make the choices for the bowl games. I am kind of hoping for the Orange bowl but I guess the Fiesta would be nice also.So it's just a matter of time before we know. Michigan State looks like they will be taking some of the girls soccer players with them because half of the team has been removed or suspended. Not Good!!! I hope Ohio State can win they're bowl game this year as they will have they're hands full with Oregon. I watched part of that game and they're quarterback was quite impressive. It could mean trouble once again for Ohio State in they're bowl game,but no matter what It's always Go Big Ten!!! Go Hawkeyes!!! See Ya, Bye Burly

stevasaurus

Hope you get that orange John...anybody see that Illinois/Fresno ST. game? :thumbs:

Maybe next year for the Nation. :notworthy:

dunk50

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tide is back and going all the way. It's all heart baby, all heart!!!!!!!!!!!! Roll Tide

stevasaurus

Had fun with this thread this year...just wondered if anyone wanted to make any predictions for the bowl games. The Big Ten starts tomorrow (tues) with Wisconsin. Let's pick some games.

Go Big Ten and Roll Tide!!!!!! :notworthy:

HorseFixer

Hope you get that orange John...anybody see that Illinois/Fresno ST. game? :banghead:

Maybe next year for the Nation. :thumbs:

Fresno State Bulldogs (8-4, 6-2 WAC) vs. Wyoming Cowboys (6-6, 4-4 Mountain West)

Breakdown: Bulldogs

Coming into the 2009, the Fresno State Bulldogs weren

Brrly1

Well we can scratch one up for the Big Ten!!! Badgers got the first win for the Big Ten. Lets hope we can keep it on a roll. I am kind of undecided though when it comes to Minnesota and Iowa State as being from Iowa that one might be a little difficult for cheering for Minnesota on that particular game. I have cheered for the Cyclones many times. Other than that Go Big Ten!!! Go Hawkeyes!!!

See Ya, Bye Burly

:thumbs:

stevasaurus

OK...I am going to make my wishes/predictions very easy. :thumbs:

The Big Ten wins all of their games. :wwp:

Navy wins...it is just right :banghead:

and Roll Tide...better red then dead...are you sure that horse isn't crimson? :WRS:

Daddy Don

Go OU :thumbs:

C-Series14

GO BUCKS!!!!! :thumbs:

C-Series14

OSU WINS ROSE BOWL!!!!

Go Bucks!

Brrly1

Hey Mike, A Big Congrats to the Ohio State team as that was a good victory. Alot of my friens up here in N.W. Ohio are veryy happy and proud with there win!!! Big Ten isn't looking to bad right now as they are 3-2 with two more games for the Big Ten. Michigan State tomorrow and then The Hawkeyes play tuesday evening, as we all well kno0w that will be the game I pay close attention to. Northwestern hung tough but couldn't pull it out. The Big Ten looks alot better this year than last year. Not much else to say but, Go Hawkeyes!!! Talk to you soon See Ya, Bye Burly

stevasaurus

Yea John...Northwestern had more then their share of chances...they actually looked very good and deserved to be there...Minnesota also, that was a good game. Ohio St. beating Da Ducks...special :thumbs: The Penn St. game, with the condition of the field...WOW :WRS: And Airforce & Navy. :wwp::lol:

Just need Mich St. and Iowa to cap a great bowl season. :hide:

Oh yea...ROLL TIDE :banghead: