Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Need to say Thank you!

whfan74

Well as some of you know that attended the Mentone last Saturday, my mom had an unfortunate turn of events.

This was going to be a special show for me as it was going to be the first show my dad and I would attend together. For those that don't know, he sold these great machines for over 30 years and loves them to death!

As we were gearing up for the show, mom and dad were taking care of some things back in Michigan. They purchased a house down here in Indiana to be closer to their grandkids and we all have been pitching in to help make the transition much easier for them.

Monday September 14th mom went in to work and sat down with her boss and said I am finally retiring on October 22nd of this year. She was ecstatic to say the least. She asked if he would keep it quiet so that she could tell all of her co-workers on Tuesday herself. Well Tuesday morning came along and she was sitting at her desk. When she got up to do something one foot got caught on the computer cables under her desk. She went down so fast she didn't know what happened. Needless to say an ambulance was called and off to the ER she went. According to the orthopaedic surgeon she broke her leg right below the ball and socket joint at the top of the femur. In his exact words.........that is the worst place you could break it. Needless to say she went through almost three hours of surgery last Wednesday and is still in the hospital in the rehab unit. She is to be non-weight bearing for 3 months and will probably need at least therapy for another 3 months at least. So that puts off the retirement and the big move.

I am trying to help all I can with the other house. There is a lot to maintain and dad is doing his best trying to get things ready down here.

The title says it all.........I need to say thank you to those of you that took the time to listen. My dad insisted that I go to the show. I missed having him there but of course their will always be more shows. Mom is having a tough go of things and is bummed out. Thank you to those of you that had some concern and took the time to listen.

I am getting burned out but am hanging in there. My family appreciates the prayers and support at this time.

Sorry to have rambled on, the family could use the prayers.........I truly appreciate this forum.

Gerry w

Scott,

You and your family are good people, and have more support though our prayers and best wishes then you will ever know. I wish I was closer my friend so I could help you out.

Know that you and your family are in my family's thoughts and may your Mom have a speedy recovery. Best of luck...

nylyon

Sorry to hear about that Scott and wishes for your mom's speedy recovery.

bitten

Scott:

So very sorry to hear of your mother. I broke my femer and shatterd my hip. They said the same 3 month thing to me, I was back to work in 3 monthes. Hopefully she will have a quick recovery. I know you are going thru a rough time doing what you can to help out, your mother has a great son.

My thought and prayers go out to you guys.

P.J.

hcminis

Scott,

Prayers are being said here in Coatesville, IN for you mother. Hate to hear that about your mother but it will all work out.

Keep your head high and get back on the ole horse(s) when you get a chance.

Good luck and God Bless.

D. J.

chazm

Scott - Just remember "Foot prints in the sand" my friend

As I walk thru life, there is two sets of foot prints in the sand as the Lord walks beside me.

In my time of need, there is only one set , This is when he carries me.

God Bless

Chaz :scratchead:

whfan74

All of you are so great. I am going to print off your kind words and make sure to share it with my parents.

The next step for mom is to get home. This does pose a couple of problems which can be managed. They of course have their house for sale and on top of that it is a quad level. So either have your bedroom and full bath or live on the main floor in a hospital bed, have the kitchen and a half bath. When she broke her shoulder and wrist 4 years ago they put her in a hospital bed on the main floor. Thankfully dad is already retired and can help. Stairs are their enemy right now.

Thanks again for all of the kind words. I am trying to help keep mom's spirits up.........she is bummed that she can't see her grandkids, retire, and enjoy her new dream home. This will all pass in time.

Red Iron

Bummer for your mother, and the things that didn't quite go your way.

Hope she has a speedy recovery. Rambling when things are bad is one good

way to get things off your mind, glad you did that for your part.

You got great friends here to lean on...

HorseFixer

Scott, You tell Ma the Duke says get well soon so we can go dancin :ychain: MJ and I will keep her in our thoughts and prayers. :scratchead: As far as listening? You know I'm always a phone call away! :hide:

Suburban 550

Scott, really sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully she will have a speedy recovery with no complications. She will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Rollerman

Scott so sorry to hear about that.

My visit at Mentone was pretty breif & I didn't get much time to chat with you.

I hope & pray all goes well with her recovery & know you look forward to there big move down south.

dgoyette

Sorry to hear about your moms accident. I'm sure she will be up in going in no time. Just be sure she does the therapy/rehab correctly! It is crucial to the quickest and for full recovery.

Greg Parnell

Sorry to hear about your Mom, I do hope she recovers fast. You and your family will be in our prayers.

stevasaurus

Scott...my thoughts and prayers with you and your mom and dad..

Here's to a speedy recovery and a success re-hab.

I had to learn how to walk again when I broke mine..in a wheelchair for 3 months...all summer, but now I can tell you when the weather is going to

change. :scratchead:

KB9LOR

Hope your Mom gets well soon, we will have you and yours in our prayers, keep the faith, and God Bless!

Brian

red rider-46

:scratchead: To all you guys out there. It was great to see the best wishes sent out to my wife. This is truely a great site. red rider-46 (Scotts Dad)

whfan74

Glad to see you red-rider (Dad)...........I have been bugging him to be part of this for quite some time. Glad to see that you made it and he already has a great idea on how good everyone is here.

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes and prayers..........mom is hanging in there!

perry

hey scott, sorry to hear about your mom. i believe i met your dad before when me and kelly stopped there. are they in waterford ?. let me know if there is anything i can help with since i live so close.

....... perry

stevasaurus

:scratchead: Red Rider-46...as was said above...thoughts and prayers

TJ

My thoughts and prayers go out to both of your families and welcome to Redsquare, red rider-46.

Tom

jusjeepn

Scott, Sorry, I missed this post earlier. Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope all is well and want to her speedy healing! We'll keep you and yours in our prayers!

whfan74

Thanks again everyone...........your input is extremely appreciated. Yes my folks live in Waterford Perry and you did meet him when you stopped by there with Kelly.

Well as you can see my dad is red rider-46. He has been a lurker here for some time and now has finally joined. He did print off all of your well wishes and took them to the hospital tonight. It meant a lot to my mom and my dad.

There are so many great people here........I am very honored to be part of this forum!

bustedglass

Scott, all I can say is God Bless You !!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

One year ago, today, I was admitted to the hospital with what was to become the fight of my life. I was in a coma and on a ventilator for seven days. There were a LOT of complications, and my family was told that I probably would not make it.

But after a month of good care and a LOT of prayers, I am here today. My point is, never give up on prayer. My best to you, your Mom, your Dad, and all of your family. Hang in there, things WILL get better......

whfan74

Just an update........

Mom has some infection in two of her incisions. The doctor's are concerned with this as it is close to her hip joint. They have been pumping her with antibiotics hoping to catch it early enough. She is supposed to be released from the hospital rehab unit either Friday or Monday.

On a brighter note they did sell their house last weekend and have a great deal set up with the buyer. It was a true blessing to have that take place and relieve some stress concerning that.

Thanks again for all of the prayers and well wishes!

Indy w h

Hey scott

sorry about ur mom hope everything

goes o k. I've been in her shoes before

myself. We will get u through this

fellow Hoosier!!!!!

Indy