Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Connecticut Show

nylyon

Mike, what time are you going? Brittany has a football game which she's cheering for (Go Brewster Bruins!) at noon, so we could probably be there about 2ish with the kids. The whole gang going Mike?

Sparky

My son should be back up on two feet so he might go and I might have a buddy from work (Cub-Cadet guy :scratchead: ) with me. Not sure when I'll be there yet as I'm waiting to hear from my buddy.

I'll keep ya posted Karl.

Mike.........

stevebo

I just finished doing a school roof project in Kent. I will try to be there too. I may even bring my 58 Rj...

fireman

I'm going on Friday by myself. Will be there Saturday with the kids around 2pm or so. I'll have my Wheel Horse hat on :scratchead:

stevebo

Jeff and Mike,

Are you bringing a tractor ?? We could turn it into a wheelhorse show...

Sparky

Nope, no tractor. I wasnt even going to bring a trailer like I did last year. Hopefully I dont fall in love with something for sale :scratchead: !

Mike.........

stevebo

Mike,

You better bring a trailer ....If you really do find something you love you can always take a ride to my house (35mins away) and pick mine up and use it. :scratchead:

fireman

Steve,

You have to fill out a registration form on the their website and bring it with you when you go if you are going to bring a tractor. I think I am going to bring my RJ. I gonna get there for the opening around 9:00 am or so on Friday and stay till around 3:00pm.

Coadster32

That's a great show. If anyone else is in the area and can go, definatly attend. There's some really cool old machinery there for great eye candy, and a guy ususally does sand casting right in front of you also. The food is good, and the atmosphere is fun. I'll be in Dover,DE watching a bunch of cars turning left. (Sprint cup). Otherwise I'd be there.

nylyon

Assuming the football game ends on-time, I can be there around 2 to 2:30. I won't be bringing anything except me and the kids. I'll be wearing my Wheel Horse Collectors Club hat, and one of my kids will likely still be in her cheerleading uniform so we should be easy to spot!

SALTYWRIGHT

HI.....I WILL BE THERE ON SATURDAY. I WILL HAVE A GT-1800 WHEEL HORSE WITH ME. I HOPE TO GET THERE ABOUT 11 ;00. I WILL WERE MY WHEEL HORSE HAT AND SHIRT. IF YOU SEE ME STOP ME AND SAY HELLO.

RUSS :scratchead:

fireman

Is anyone else going to go Friday? I will be there when they open at 10:00am and probably stay till 2:00.

stevebo

Jeff,

I did the carb on the RJ and my 2 year old was riding it around the yard for about 45mins. I will be there as well. I need to make a stop in New Milford before the show so maybe we can meet up around 9:30-9:45 in the center of kent ?? Call me in the morning around 9am. Steve Bo -

Sparky

I'll only be there on Saturday. Probably be there around 11am.

Mike.......

nylyon

They changed the time of the game, looks like I will be there earlier, 12:30 or so! Still wearing the WH hat with 3 kids (one may be a cheerleader :scratchead: )

Or one of the kids migh be wearing the hat :hide:

stevebo

Firemand and I went today first thing and it was a very good day. We rode our rj's around the entire event and that was pretty cool. A guy there had a (what looked like an early 55 RJ) but did not know what it really was. The Fireman and I tried to make him an offer but he simply said he is not sure what it is worth :scratchead:

It was rough but complete less a broken part on the rear axle. Hopefully one of you guys and convince him it is only worth 200 to 300 .... Good luck-

Bill

I'm going on Sat.... I'll be there around 10:00 or 11:00 myself

nylyon

Just got back, my daughter forgot to bring the camera so there's no pictures. It was a really nice day and seeing all the old equipment is a site in itself. The kids enjoyed the blacksmith and seeing all the REALLY big engines and equipment. There were some Wheel Horses there, I think that my favorite was the D250 with the FEL on it.

Jeff (Fireman) It was a pleasure to meet you, and I will see you on Tuesday (I'll send my number in a PM)

Mike, always a pleasure and thank you for the shirt. On the ride home Brittany made a hat out of the cellophane wrapping, go figure.

If anyone else was there, sorry I missed you.

Sparky

It was good to see you again as well Karl. I finally met fireman (Jeff). Very nice guy. Also bumped into Bill and his wife when I first got there. Ive never actually seen Bill anywhere except my driveway, he seems to end up at my house buying all my "for sale" stuff :scratchead: .

It was a perfect day to wander around the grounds with no rain, no humidity and it wasnt to hot. There werent to many Wheelhorses to look at but I like checkin out any brand tractor, machinery, equipment and of course rusty stuff!

Didnt buy anything other than the sausage grinder and a water.

Hopefully Sunday doesnt get rained out but its not lookin good.

Mike...........