Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

New Horse to the Herd.

KB9LOR

I guess I beat out quite a few buyers this morning for this one, I think it is a 69 Electro Model # 1-7245 12 hp, I may be off on the year, correct me guys if I am, I saw on the kohler it was rebuilt with a short block, when this happened I don't know, now I got this old girl for 100 bucks, I finally beat someone to the good deal for once, okay maybe for the second time, lol. here are a few pics enjoy!:

100_0398.jpg

100_0399.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0401.jpg

Brian

CasualObserver

Looks awesome! Nice purchase. Also looks to me like you could sell those Bolens wheel weights and probably end up with a free tractor! :scratchead:

KB9LOR

Don't really care for the wheel weights, would rather pick up some WH originals to go on it. I did not know those bolens weights were that popular lol!

Brian

d180man

Hi nice tractor :scratchead: :hide:

qd-16

Man, you hit a home run!! :scratchead: That's awesome!

Kelly

I didn't check the no.'s but it looks like a 69, with a older engine, I do belive 67 was the last year they used a starter/gen. on the big block kohlers, I have both a 68 and 69 Electro, and both are gear drive starters.

But no matter what you got a very good deal, and yes the weights will bring around $100+ and if the elect. clutch works they go for about the same.

Suburban 550

Brian, You really got your moneys worth there. Great Deal. :scratchead:

jusjeepn

Yes a 1-7245 is a 1969 model! The seat is original to the tractor and the only year they used the fibreglass pan. Like Kelly said, the engine has been replaced with an older model. The Electro did not come original with a S/G. This is my 69

002-8.jpg

This is the original engine yours came with.

003-4.jpg

There had to have been a major overhaul on the electrical system because the original ign switch and almost none of the wiring would work with this engine. It looks pretty good none the less. Great score! I saw it last night on C/L and would have bought it if it wasn't so far away!

Save Old Iron

great find - congrats

:scratchead:

KB9LOR

I didn't check the no.'s but it looks like a 69, with a older engine, I do belive 67 was the last year they used a starter/gen. on the big block kohlers, I have both a 68 and 69 Electro, and both are gear drive starters.

But no matter what you got a very good deal, and yes the weights will bring around $100+ and if the elect. clutch works they go for about the same.

Did not know that on the big block kohlers, I did notice it is huge, and everything works, down to the cigar lighter, the only thing to do is change the hydro fluid and filter, but that is in the tranny forum. My wife saw it and I quote, but the craftsman is bigger, I said to her, this old WH will pull that craftsman all over the yard and then some! lol, I told her better get used to it, I am gonna have one heck of a Herd by the time I get down, I just love these tractors!

Brian

KB9LOR

Jusjeepn, that is one fine Horse you have there yourself, I could not believe it was still there this morning when I got there, I figured it would be gone, funny thing is he told me he held it for a week for a guy, but he never came back, I am just so stoked, but I do want some AG tires down the road for it, she is gonna be my garden helper from now on!

Brian

KB9LOR

Thanks everyone for your posts, I do hope one day to have as much knowledge about these tractors as you guys some day, but hey I do now own 3 of these, and it is only gonna be more fun as I get more of these! Once again thanks guys!

Brian

bitten

Great score. Bet you have fun with her.

KB9LOR

Great score. Bet you have fun with her.

Yeah once I egt this trans problem worked out, she is going to be my garden girl. lol!

Brian

bustedglass

A hundred bucks !!! You have got to be kidding. Great find. Put her to work, and enjoy :scratchead: .

KB9LOR

A hundred bucks !!! You have got to be kidding. Great find. Put her to work, and enjoy :scratchead: .

Nope real deal! I also found a 855 wheel-a-matic, with blade, still waiting on the sale price...hehehe

Brian

MikesRJ

NICE! :scratchead: