Sign in to follow this  
MikesRJ

Next Project Comes Home

MikesRJ

Once the RJ is done.......

Now that I have a pair of horses, :scratchead: does anyone want to by a Customized 20HP Craftsman LT1000 w/Snow Blower? Re-Powered in September of 2008, less than 50 hours on the new-in-2008 engine, snow blower is like brand-new and only used one season. Located in PA, 19320. PM me with a reasonable offer.

Raider 10 Background and Info: Original owner, had its own stall (shed kept its entire life), never left the property in 35 years, PO took extremely good care of the machine over the years and performed all maintenance himself, sat for 4 years and started on the third turn of the key (smelled a little "lacquery"), runs and idles great, no smoke or knock, and includes all original documentation, paperwork and packaged materials (in pristine condition) as delivered, and PO is literally 1.5 miles down the road from me. It needs a good bath, the seat needs a new cover, and the general "get her ready after 4 years of sitting" work. Other than that she's in great shape.

R-001.JPG

R-002.JPG

R-003.JPG

R-004.JPG

R-005.JPG

R-006.JPG

R-007.JPG

R-008.JPG

R-009.JPG

rickv1957

Very nice original tractor!!! :scratchead:

Kelly

Almost to nice to restore, I like some of them with the patina from age about like yours

Save Old Iron

:scratchead:

Looks very well maintained over the years

great find

MikesRJ

I have a curious question though. The model number reads 1-0360 8, but the stickers on the side of the firewall look to be no-name to me. Can anyone enlighten me on the differences between a "Raider 10" and a no-name from '73?

Dsol1

Nice original mike!!!! restore it and make her shiny!

D.LaMunion

Looks really good mike, love how its all original. You should make her shine. Great find! Very nice tractor!!! Someone maintained that tractor very well.

bell

BEAUTIFUL machine!!! :scratchead:

tgranthamfd

I have a curious question though. The model number reads 1-0360 8, but the stickers on the side of the firewall look to be no-name to me. Can anyone enlighten me on the differences between a "Raider 10" and a no-name from '73?

Isn't that about the time they started the transion to the lettered series horses. Heard they had some confusion during that time frame. :scratchead: Someone should be able to confirm or concur.

tgranthamfd

Almost forgot, that is a very nice looking tractor. :scratchead:

gwest_ca

A 1-0360 made in Belgium got the Raider 10 decals with a low 129xxx serial number.

The 1-0360 made in the US got 10hp 8-speed decals with serial numbers like 904xxx-973xxx.

Garry

WH953

Very nice tractor!

Suburban 550

Great lookin' machine and nice find, Mike. :hide: You don't come across many like that anymore. Good Luck with it. :scratchead:

VinsRJ

Very nice score.... and so close to home! :scratchead:

Doubletrouble

Great lookin tractor. Wish I was lucky enough to find another in my own back yard. Great shape and all original plus paperwork, Great job.

Duff

Great tractor, Mike! Congratulations!

Duff :scratchead:

Stigian

Nice machine Mike, just give it a clean and a polish, it look's great as it is. :scratchead:

MikesRJ

Thanks for all the compliments, and I think for the short term I will just clean it up and polish until I think about it a while.

An interesting side note: I ran into a friend today on my way home from NJ (I was meeting with John-Wallfish at his brothers place). I stopped in to see my friend Charlie when I saw him puttering in his driveway as I proceeded home. Charlie's dad owned the local Wheelhorse/Power Equipment Dealership here many years ago, and Charlie spent most of his life (he's now in his 60's) working for his father in the dealership. I mentioned the recent acquisition and his remark was. "Damn, I remember when he (the PO) originally bought the machine!". What a small world!

WH854

Get your Wheel Horse Bible out!(Straight From The Horse's Mouth) Got a lot of good information about Wheel Horse Products! :scratchead:

Chas.

scifi4all

Great Looking and Running Original! The deck even looks Great! :scratchead:

MikesRJ
Get your Wheel Horse Bible out!(Straight From The Horse's Mouth) Got a lot of good