Sign in to follow this  
chazm

How much is too much

chazm

Was just on Ebay , and got to say I was taken a bit by an RJ35 being bid up to $2550.00 :ychain:

Being new to the Wheel horse world , am I missing something :scratchead:

I've read other threads about what a Horse is worth, and don't want to get that all started again, but that to me is a bit over the top or are they worth that much ??

Chaz :hide:

kj4kicks

Finding one in this condition is not just a tractor, it's a real piece of history.

MikesRJ

And as has been said here a gazillion times before; "It's worth what someone else is willing to pay for it!".

I also think P. T. Barnum said; "There's a sucker born every minute!".

If someone is willing to pay that kind of money for a 50+ y/o garden tractor, regardless of its collect-ability, the only thing we can do is congratulate the seller.

clintonnut

I saw that tractor too. It was all original. I think it said the engine was locked up. A couple things that made it worth so much was it was an early RJ. One of the first 100 built. You can tell this because it had a cast aluminum steering wheel and the 3 piece front rims. The tractor was also complete and 100% original. But I do agree that's a little high. Maybe it would be worth that if it was a Senior but not an RJ. I paid $200 for my RJ-35 and now that sounds unreal. I would pay $1200 max for a tractor like that.

Charlie