Sign in to follow this  
defed

filter for sundstrand (D-auto)

defed

the WH part # is 102819 which crosses to wix #51521....but this has a bypass valve, which i think you do not want on these hydro units?

i have read where wix #51410 is the filter to use...it has no bypass. is this the correct filter? i presume it is the better choice as the wix site states that it is a hydraulic filter while the other is just a spin-on lube filter.

thanks

Dave

edit: i meant this to be in the tranny section! if mods can move it, please do.

canam1991

fram ph7328

dgoyette

wix 51410 is correct (NAPA Gold 1410) is correct. I would go with this over the Fram for sure. Napa tried to give me 1521 too when they crossed referenced.

I recently learned that the reason you do NOT want a filter with a by pass is that any dirt is harmful to the hydro. The by pass is a safety that will allow oil flow if the filter gets clogged. I was told better to let the unit get oil starved for a while that to let dirt flow by. If the filter is clogged and the oil just by passes you wont even know dirt is flowing though the system.

defed

thanks, that's what i thought, but just wanted to be sure i had the correct non-bypass filter.

73-18 automatic

If you have or know someone that has a Amsoil account I found a hydraulic filter by Donaldson P550210 Let me know if you need any help :scratchead: