Sign in to follow this  
st_croix_tractors

B-80 Plowing

st_croix_tractors

That time of year again. I noticed my potatoes plants are dead and time to dig. This is a custom plow I built. I call it a " GB. GearBuster" single bottom plow. Enjoy plow fans.

Quicktime Plowing Videos.

qd-16

Man I would love to see how that works, but I can't get the video to play.

I've been trying to figure out something to plow potatoes with but I have to have something with down pressure or the plow kicks out of the ground. I can't do this with the hitch on my 656. :scratchead:

st_croix_tractors

They are quick time videos. Do you have quick time installed? They will need a minute or so to load. They are both being pulled from the same dir. on a server. Both about 3mb in size. I didnt put a preloader on the videos, sorry.

Qd-16 My hitch was the same way. You have to build the plow as if it was a digger or a cultivator. I add 45lbs to the rear of the plow and the angle of the plow with the weight makes it a self digger. The more you pull the deeper it wants to go. No down pressure needed. Only up pressure so you can adjust the depth as your moving. I use a 1500lb electric wench for lifting.

kajamo240

LOVE the winch idea. How do you have that all hooked up? Looks like something I might be interested in doing myself...

BTW, I am liking your graphics a lot! Nice work! :scratchead:

st_croix_tractors

Thanks kajamo240. :scratchead:

Yeah the wench....I love it! Today I will snap some close-ups and Show you exactly how its built.

qd-16

I see it now, thanks! That's pretty neat, I never new potatoes could be dug like that. Beats "forking" them! :scratchead: