nylyon

winter 2009 - 2010

nylyon

Gonna have to git a pig, see if he'll fetch! :scratchead:

Redbird

Maryland-near Frederick

Abundence of acorns---Squirels burying in July---high hornets' nests

SNOW

Deer and Squirrel's backs getting very dark brown---Woolies all black with no orange bands

Very Cold

Being a Native American Indian--these are just a few of the signs I was taught at an early age. They've been pretty much right on about 98% of the time. As for the wood-------Hell, we have gathered tons this summer :scratchead: But then again, we cut, split, and deliver it all :hide:

stevasaurus

Coach...that Wooly Worm Festival looks like a riot...I can just see myself searching for the perfect worm and spending 2 days of watching it climb in the hope of being the famous worm that forcasts how the winter will turn out. Not

to mention the $1000 prize :scratchead:

Hope they have a beer garden. :ychain:

Redbird...that is very funny, and very cool. :hide:

KyBlue

We have a Wolly Worm Festival here too.

We've got a handful of those signs around here too.. I'm stocking up...and bracing for a long one... Havent had any 'bad' winters in quite a few years.. had bad storms...but not any bad overall winters..

Operator

My "tree rats" aren't too busy gettin their nuts in a group, they all know I'll feed them corn cobs to get by this winter. Haven't noticed any wolly caterpillars yet, normally watch for them on the roads. Seems we do have a more than normal amount of spiders around the porch area. MICE yep there were two in the house to night, need a cat.

Snow? means I have to turn on the heat in shop and house, no more green grass , No more sittin outside enjoying a cold one. I used to enjoy the stuff, got tired of it with all the snowplowing I used to do, commercial , residential , township roads.

Give me warm anytime!

Randy