Sign in to follow this  
WHC-125

Bought a truck!

WHC-125

Well guys I finally bought a truck. It is a 1989 Chevy C1500 with a 305. It has 158,000 miles. It has a new exhaust from the cat back, radiator and hoses, altenator, oxygen sensor, stereo, and more. It has a bedliner, toneau cover, a tow hitch, fog lights and other add ons.

000_0008.jpg

000_0007.jpg

000_0006.jpg

Jim_M

Looks like the previous owner took really good care of it, it's in great shape.

It should make you a good truck.

My neighbor has a 1990 with a 305 and has 240,000 miles on it, original engine still runs great, 3rd transmission though.

WHC-125

Looks like the previous owner took really good care of it, it's in great shape.

It should make you a good truck.

My neighbor has a 1990 with a 305 and has 240,000 miles on it, original engine still runs great, 3rd transmission though.

Thanks! Its gonna be hauling horses alot I know that :hide:

It was taken care of well. But I need to buy a replacement cab corner for the driver side. :scratchead:

Sparky

Looks good Chris. I had a "95" 1500 ext cab with the 305 and although it wasnt the most powerful truck out there it ran like a swiss watch and would give me almost 18mpg on the highway, unlike my Dodge which cant seem to get better than 11mpg ever.

So when ya takin Bill on a roadtrip :scratchead: . I'm thinkin you owe him a ride or two eh?

Mike.........

Suburban 550

Nice set of wheels, Chris. :hide: Good luck with the new ride. :scratchead:

stevebo

Chris,

Good choice. It looks clean. I am sure you got a good deal on it if I know you. Hope you take good care of it cause fixing these 4 wheel machines is a lot more expensive than a horse... :scratchead:

WHC-125

Mike, when we both get a free chance I will head up with him. :hide:

Steve, I know, I thought tires for horses were expensive, :scratchead: its like I am buying another horse for the price of tires for the truck. And I have been washing, waxing and cleaning the windows, doing everthing to it.

fireman

Nice Chris!

The Chevy Stepside is my most favorite truck of all time. I had a 78', 85' and a 94'. I liked the 85 the best. Had the first Vortec V6 with a Quadrajet, factory tubular stainless exhaust manifolds, three on the tree and the "old" square front end. The thing was a rocket. I thought you were looking for 4 wheel drive though?

Good luck and can't wait to see it on the road :scratchead:

WHC-125

Nice Chris!

The Chevy Stepside is my most favorite truck of all time. I had a 78', 85' and a 94'. I liked the 85 the best. Had the first Vortec V6 with a Quadrajet, factory tubular stainless exhaust manifolds, three on the tree and the "old" square front end. The thing was a rocket. I thought you were looking for 4 wheel drive though?

Good luck and can't wait to see it on the road :scratchead:

I was looking for 4wd but my Dad has a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 and in the winter time he harly ever puts it in 4wd. As long as you go out when the roads are half way decent and dont drive like a retard then you would be all set. Like back in the 50s and 60s people drove 2wd vehicles everywhere. and my Dad had a 57 chevy stepside when I was younger and even though this is newer it still brings back memories riding around in his 57 :hide: .

Coadster32

I thought tires for horses were expensive, its like I am buying another horse for the price of tires for the truck.

Welcome to freedom. Nice ride though. PO did a great job. Good luck with it.

TJ

Nice truck. :scratchead:

bustedglass

Sweeeeeeeet wheels. You did good Chris. I like it :scratchead: .

SALTYWRIGHT

HI.........I HAVE A FULL SET OF FACTORY MANUALS FOR YOUR TRUCK. THERE IS 3 BOOKS THAT COVER EVERY THING. THEY ARE YOURS. RUSS :scratchead:

WHC-125

HI.........I HAVE A FULL SET OF FACTORY MANUALS FOR YOUR TRUCK. THERE IS 3 BOOKS THAT COVER EVERY THING. THEY ARE YOURS. RUSS :scratchead:

Ok Russ :hide: I will let you now when I can come down

HorseFixer

:scratchead: Good job that aughta haul some horses! :hide:

Bill

So now it's YOUR turn to pull the trailer LOL.... Ohh yes by the way would you mine taking me to PA. to pick up a tractor????????????? :scratchead: :hide:

KyBlue

Looks Good

dkopp

Good lookin' truck!

I had an '88 GMC 1500 2WD longbed with the 305 in it. The oil pump went out on mine about 99,000 miles. They put a crank kit in it (rear bearings were wore pretty bad) and she ran great after that with 60 psi oil pressure to boot! Mine also had a 3.08 rear end in it. No pulling power but would she scoot down the interstate. I got my best gas milage at 69 mph. I could also drive it in 3rd (not overdrive) and get the same mileage as in overdrive. Wish I still had Ol' Bessy.

truckin88

nice truck, 350 w/ a supercharger dropped in and a belltech suspension.....I love C/K's. I think Jc Whitney sells pre fabbed cab corners. Summit may as well. If you plan on keeping the 305....parts are cheap as they made them for years.