Sign in to follow this  
Redbird

Square Dancing

Redbird

Someone earlier had posted a link to youtube for square dancing with tractors. Yesterday (Sat) we went to the Gas & Steam Engine show in Dillsburg, PA. Low and behold they had tractor square dancing there with some pretty big tractors! It was fantastic to watch. We decided to see if it could be done with our Wheel Horses, so, we fired up and started doing some of the moves we had seen. I was thinking it might be real interesting if we could get something like that started for our group. We got laughing so hard I almost fell off my tractor. It's not done at a fast speed, but menuvering is interesting. We "bumped" front wheels once.

And, not all the partners have to be boy/girl either. Just need 8 tractors--some willing participants--someone who can call a square dance and adjust it to the tractors, and desire to start something new. It definitely drew a large crowd. So, I'm running this up the old flag pole and see who salutes it :scratchead:

Sparky

Well you'll never catch me doing it :scratchead: but if I did I would use a hydro tractor as it would be much easier to navigate all that twistin and turnin.

Mike............

MikesRJ

You mean these ones rightchere?

Tractor Square Dancing #3