Sign in to follow this  
876wheelhorse

876 info

876wheelhorse

looking for any info on the 876. Is this that rare of a tractor or is it a tractor no one wants? I have owned this for about 3 years and in that time I have only seen one on ebay. I see there was one in the gallery. I was just wondering I seen there is a filter on the rear end. I wanted to know what and how to replace to fluid back there. It is red not burnt but the filter looks like a original. Also the lever to engage the belt for the hydrostat that lever is kindof screwed into place. where i can't dis engage. Is there suppose to be a spring in there or something to hold it up. Just many questions wish i knew people in nw ohio that had these and could help me out. :scratchead: I do have owners manual

qd-16

I don't know if I would say its a "rare" tractor. 1966 was the second year a hydro. model was offered by wheel horse. I'm sure it cost more than the standard 856 with 3 speed unidrive tranny. Maybe wheel horse didn't sell as many 876 models as the 856?

I seem to see more 856's than anything else in my area. I just wonder how much pulling/ pushing power the 876 would have being only a 8 horse engine and a hydro?

sorekiwi

Have a read through this post on MTF: http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.p...light=venerable

Volfandt is a member here as well, and in this excellent post (story?) He chronicles his day to day experiences of using and maintaining an 856 and a 876. The story is to me what owning and using a 40+ year old tractor is all about, but you will also learn a lot about how these tractors work...