Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

My 1075 lives

Kelly

If you have been following the post batt. for 1075. Here is the new and improved update.

I had the day off work and this tractor was not going to get the best of me.

So I warmed up the shop, and pulled the head yep gasket blown about 1/2" leaking, so I cleaned it all up, was pretty clean to start with, valves looked good, piston nice and tight, (has std. stamped on top did they come that way? or been replaced?) I looked as I rolled the engine over by hand and the exh. valve closed all the way, I put a little WD-40 on the valve and it stayed there no leak, no ACR? I reinstalled the head and the other parts to go with it.

Then on to the batt. VERY tight fit even with the parts removed, but it's in.

Then I got out my comp. gauge screw in type and checked the comp. 3 times dry, no oil in cyl. all 3 times 105lbs I think that's pretty good for one of these 1 cyl. engines am I correct? Again not sure about the ACR? We need to investigate that more.

I tried to start it, had the shop up to 70deg. it ran very bad still, so one thing at a time, I changed the fuel line, and cleaned the bowl out, again samething, next was plug wire, same. Smoke brake and some hot chocolate, I don't drink coffee.

I messed with it some more getting it to rev up some, I'm thinking timing like TT said but now I hear it cut out then pick back up, so I pulled the coil looks like the orig. one going by the paint on it, and the condensor also had red paint, and the engine looks like it's orig. paint, anyway, I changed both, out the window with one part at a time, What do you know it started right up, alittle tweeking of the carb. and it purrrrs :D topped the trans off warmed it up for about 5 min. and down the road I went no coat just my sweatshirt, I was cold when I got back, But very Happy! :D:P:P All in about an hour.

The pic's I posted in the gallery IT'S running!!!!

Thanks for all the input from you guys :thumbs:

Now I know what I have to work with when I get to this tractor :thumbs: .

T-Mo

Kelly,

I love happy endings. :thumbs: Brings a tear to my eye. :thumbs:

kpinnc

has std. stamped on top did they come that way? or been replaced?)

Kelly, my 310's original piston had STD stamped on top of it. The PO bought the tractor new and said the engine had never been opened. It's a 1987 Kohler Magnum 10. So your's is probably the original piston as well. My piston was the straight-skirted, non- Mahle piston. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

**EDIT**I just saw your 1075 pictures- I really like those tractors! I guess I'm gonna have to add to my 875,876,877 "dream" list. I guess I'll just have to include the 10 and 12 hp early hydos as well! I don't want them all mind you- just ONE from the list! :thumbs:

Kevin

TT

:thumbs: :thumbs::D 'nuff said!

pond195520032003
ditto.gif on what he said :thumbs: and if i ran around with no coat on i would end up eck22.gifyikes.gif :thumbs:

combatmp29r

:thumbs: :thumbs::D glad to hear it all turned out good Kelly! No coat here today even just around the block would mean ice_block.gif

Kelly

Joel, It was only 11 deg. here but you know, I had to try it out, after I got back I wish I would have had my coat.

By the way, I'm talking to a guy about a 69 charger V8 model 17841 with deck model 57361 He said it runs and drives nice, paint is good, Engine has been changed to a 8hp briggs I haven't seen it yet but he's asking $150 for it what do you think? It's a hour and half drive also. I'll post pic's and more info when I get it.

combatmp29r

Kelly, I think it depends on how nice of shape its in :thumbs: Most of them have been converted to briggs engines. Thats what the V18 was when I got it. Recoil start at that. The 5-7361 deck seems to me to be the rareer (sp?) of the decks for them. I have one, and a manual for it. If it runs good and the deck is solid I'd offer $100 and see where you get. Definately get some pictures posted when you have some to post. I have 3 of the 69 chargers now. 2 complete, and one in pieces at Catmans. Well 1 1/2 complete as the one I have for sale has a briggs dual start, and is a mix of 69 and 70 charger parts.

Kelly

I'll keep you posted, He was asking $250 and I asked what his bottom $ was, and he came back with $150 but said he need's to get rid of it.

I posted a want ad on craigs list and have received lots of replies, Most more than I can afford like today an offer for a D-160 with a newer 18 hp onan still has the old motor, w/ 3point, new rebuilt hyd. pump couple months old, 48" deck, snow blower and snow blade. He's asking $1000 or B.O.

Another guy has has 4 tractors all apart, maybe run but he wants $200 each another I'm dealing with now has a C-121 partly set up for pulling newer 26x12x12 on new rims no motor but has 3 kohlers to sell cheap, asking $100 for the tractor I just need to see pic's and set up a time to go get it.

and another guy kinda act's flaky but said he has a C-195 for $750 I'm still working on that one.

combatmp29r

I gave $250 for my original 69 commando with the pain in the but left hand discharge deck and the rear clevic hitch, and while I was loading it gave another $150 for a 69 charger and rear tiller. $100 for the tiller or $150 for tiller and the tractor it was mounted on Hmmmmm you do the math LOL.

perry

thats good news :thumbs: . but where a damn coat next time.

supposed to get 3-4" here in MI tomarrow.

perry

is that the 1075 off ebay i was bidding on in durrand MI a few weeks ago :thumbs: ?.

Kelly

Sorry, but yes it is I had to have it I bid up to $150 I'll try not to step on any more toes, But we are in the same area kinda.

perry

why you little devil kelly :D . naw just kiddin. you could have stop in and said hi :P .

oh heck i did'nt have a dime that week anyway. what was that guy like?. he called me and offered me a bunch of stuff before he listed it. i told him i was broke at the time but he did'nt seem too worried. said we work something out :thumbs:.

he was going to load me up with a C-100 and a whole bunch of other stuff. i just could'nt swing nothing at that time. durrand is about a hour from me.

good score thou. glad to see a club member get it :thumbs: . but you did miss the 753 in redford tonight :D ........

Kelly

Perry The guy was nice, but as my oldest asked later was he high? He said he had lots of stuff, but I only saw what he had listed an old frame with sheet metal ruff a C-100 with a plow parked under it it was a short frame plow no rear mount he said he had it mounted on it at one time, if he did there was no angling that thing. and couple of decks that looked good in the pic's but were ruff and he didn't know much about WH's really, He said he had new decals for the 1075 and a stack of manuals that he would sell me but I've e-mailed him 4 or 5 times no answer. same with this 1075 listed as deck good, spindles free, the tractor was sunk in the ground 2" we had to pry it out and knock small trees down to get it out, the deck is froze up all but one spindle. All in all I got a good deal.

I'm going to Clarkston I hope next weekend to pick up a tractor and maybe Waterford for another, I'd like to take a look at the 656 hood you have. Is it in good shape?

perry

was that guy high :thumbs::thumbs: . thats a funny. prombaly not much more to do in that little town. that guy alway listed on ytmag site.

picking up more tractors in my back yard uh?. are they horse's ?. i have eyes and ears in clarkston. my buddy lives there and went with me tonight to help load the 753.

what are you driven? vee"B"watchin you :P .

i live 5 min off I-75 1 mile east of the palace arena.

the hood is in good shape. i know stephan wanted that hood but the cost of shipping it to him is high. maybe you could take it and charge him delivery :D