Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

Kohler M12 - add a fuel filter in line?

truckin88

I recently picked up an 88 312-8 with 428 hours, wondering if I should cut the fuel line and add a filter? Opinions? Thanks,

Will

whfan74

Yup I would do it.........

TT

I would also recommend it, and you might want to examine the fuel line itself. It's probably due to be replaced. You might as well check the strainer on the shut-off valve while you're there. :scratchead:

whfan74

Terry is right.......no use in replacing the filter and not take care of the fuel line. All of these are easy to come by and inexpensive.

WHC-125

I would also recommend it, and you might want to examine the fuel line itself. It's probably due to be replaced. You might as well check the strainer on the shut-off valve while you're there. :hide:

And while you are examing the screen you should replace the rubber gromet as well. :scratchead:

bmuone

Hey Will I just finished putting a filter in line on my 417a. Had a little trouble at first. I just cut the line and put on a filter I had for a JD on it. Would not run. The fuel line was cracking pretty bad so I bought a new line at TSC. It was the exact length. Then I went ahead and ordered the cutoff valve and rubber gasket mentioned above. And bought a new Kohler fuel filter. Took off the carb bowl (mind you I am no mech) but it was clean. Put it all back together and after cranking a bit, priming a bit, crying a bit, cussing a bit, wishing a bit and one little prayer it cranked. The filter on the cutoff valve in the gas tank was a little dirty so maybe this added filter will make switching filters a tad easier. So I would advise starting with the correct filter.....and saying the little prayer first.....Dayton