Sign in to follow this  
dieselhorse

Plow day in Ohio first weekend in October

dieselhorse

My friend will be hosting a garden tractor only plow day the first weekend in October, all brands are welcome to attend, plenty of ground to plow, night plowing on Friday night for the early birds. Onsite primative camping for tents or small campers. Plow day located in West Independance Ohio, Just off 224 east of Findley Ohio. We usualy have lots of Cub Cadet and John Deeres, 1 or 2 bolens and maybe a Wheel Horse. All you need is a tractor with a rear sleeve hitch, ag tires or turfs with chains. If you dont have a plow, there will be plenty to go around. Dont have a tractor set up to plow, most everybody there will let you take their machine for a round or two. Even if you have never done this, we have plow school on how to set it up correctly, sleeve or cat 0 3pt plows. Some guys bring disc harrows and do some fun with those. Lots of clean family fun with lots of son's and daughter's plowing on dad's or even thier own tractor. Email or PM me for exact directions or there should be a map up on the ihregistry.com website soon. Here are some pics from past plow days. Dont worry about break downs, this owners show quality JD 140H3 just ran out of fuel, common during the excitement of plowing, both the big engined cubs and deeres of this vintate had small fuel tanks. Several of us bring a nice compliment of tools, there is indoor space to work on tractors with a concrete floor, and we part the tractors in a large machine shed at night right where we are plowing. Come on out and have a blast in the dirt!

plowing.jpg

plowingpic.jpg

000_1561-1.jpg

big mike

Guys,this is a good time and it would be good to see a little more color in the field this year!

Even if you just wanna stand around and tell lies.......I KNOW you guys tell lies once in a while :scratchead: or bring out some trailer beauties or swap some parts.

Jim_M

we part the tractors in a large machine shed

Mike,

I would probably be there but that part scared me. I wanted to take my tractor back home with me.

Jim

big mike

He means park,we gut and field dress the tractors right out by the drive :scratchead::hide::ychain: :ychain:

dieselhorse

park is what I ment, but we have done many repair jobs in the barn before. If you dont break something, your not trying hard enough!

big mike

Three weeks til plow day.....you guys ready?

876wheelhorse

anyone going i am about a hour away from here like to go just to see it. would my 856 pull and do anygood at it?????

wheel horse 1045

hope you guys that go take plenty of pics

520HC

Am planning on going. Taking C-160 Auto. 876, yeah your 856 will pull a plow with no problem, just put some wheel weights on it.Let' s take a few Horses and show them how it is done.

Ron

big mike

If they don't get some rain we might have trouble plowing concrete(dried out clay)but it looks promising and will be fun regardless.

876wheelhorse

so if i bring my 856 will there be a plow i can borrow to try this out. sounds like fun i have some aggressive tires and chains no weights though

520HC

876- this will be my first time at this plowday location but have been to others.Yes there will be plows there you can use.Just bring your tractor.

big mike

I will have a 10" sleeve hitch plow you can use(if it's not sold).

All you will need is a way to hook it up and a hitch pin.

big mike

It was good to see a Horse in the field!

It was good to meet the two RS members that were there too.

This year was much more culturally diverse....1 Wheel Horse,1 Simplicity,2 Bolens,some moldy Green ones and a bunch of Cubs.

Lane Ranger

Big Mike: Did you get any photos at the plow day! I really wanted to come to this!

It looks like an awesome thing to do. Did you guys get rain or was it over early on Saturday?

876wheelhorse

I also went met a couple guys from this site. great people. I had a good time and i went just to see what it was like. I will be getting a plow and going next time. what size plow would you recommend for a 856 to pull i am thinking a 10 inch.

Indy w h

Hey 876 those plow days r fun.!! Ur 856 should have no prob

pullin a 8 or 10" plow. My sons 854 pulls an 8" all day long.

I wouldn't try a 12" it's 2 much 4 a 8 horse

:scratchead:

520HC

Yeah Nice meeting Big Mike and 876. I took the c-160 and 10" plow. Worked real good till I pulled my plow into two pieces.Oh well could be worse.If you go to www.ihregistry.com. you can view some pictures.Even have the wheel horse in a couple shots.