Sign in to follow this  
perry

1277 update

perry

fired up the woodstove and braved the below 0 temps yesterday. on the 1277 i had to replaced the gas line, changed oil, quick clean up on the carb, and put the gen/starter back on. the spark plug was clean and i did'nt even have to open the points cover. i just had to add gas and she fired right up. sat there running great and does not burn any oil :thumbs: . the wire harness is in great factory shape and only the positive battery terminal end has been replaced. for being 40yrs old this has been well taken care of :D .

the tires are in decent shape and all say wheel horse on them. only thing i have to replace is the drive belt and the seat padding is broken down. anybody have any suggestions on what kind of foam padding i should use & where to find it ?. also any ideas on fixing a small rip on the back seat rest ?. i was thinking maybe a vinyl patch on the back side will hold it :D .

someone put a WAY too long autozone junk blue drive belt on it. :thumbs:

im looking for the belt # and where can get one online.

ill try and see if i can round up the belt #, but just hopeing someone has it readly available :P .

thanks.....perry

wh1277021.jpg

wh1277024.jpg

CasualObserver

Perry your drive belt is number 6489. :thumbs: And once again, nice find!

T-Mo

Perry,

That's good to hear that it's running, and running good. It sounds like it had a good, sheltered life. I wish I could help you on the belt part number but with dial-up here at home it would take me a while to find it. :thumbs:

Under edit: I see that I was late pulling the trigger (thanks dial-up) and Jason already provided you with the belt number. :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Oh, and you can download the manual for your tractor from the first yahoo manuals group.

wheelhorsetractormanuals@yahoo

Kelly

Sounds like you got a very good deal :thumbs: .

I looked up the belt no. and came up with 6489 and that is a 78"x1/2" belt only used on 1076 1276 1077 1277 Try your toro dealer, or with the size listed maybe TSC or a auto parts store, just make sure you ask for a tractor belt.

On the seat try a upholstery shop that repairs auto seats, or any that does vinyl, they maybe able to fix your tear or depending on cost, replace that panel and I'm sure they could set you up with foam.

Edit; here also I thought I was on the ball with the part no. I guess I'm just slow.

perry

now where did you guys come up with the 6489 # :thumbs:

i check on our web link section and i come up with TORO BELT # 7929 or #7927 size 78 .5

and napa belt # 6878 :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Kelly I just had the information at my fingertips! Your description was better than mine and helps him get a belt anywhere. :thumbs:

Perry, I forgot to mention, that if you want to get it online, you can order from a few different places...

RCPW . COM

PARTSTREE .COM

MILACALAWN . COM

just to name a few. check prices between them, often they are different. Depending on what you're ordering you can get a better deal from one or another. Also, pay attention to what shipping is going to cost you... Your belt should run you about $30+shipping... check your local dealer too. Although I have to say, sometimes (to me anyways) it's worth a certain amount not to have to run out for one little item. I mean, if you're going to spend $6 in gas, or $6 to have someone bring it to your door... which would you do? :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Perry, I pulled it right out of the manual. #7927 is the replacement number for 6489.

Kelly

I went to the Toro master parts look up. No drawing found but only one belt in the parts listing. so it must be the drive belt, then I checked another site to get the belt size, then another to get the usage for that part no. That's why I'm late posting I didn't want to give you the wrong info. Lots of clicks and scrolling.

Kelly

Perry, I like the factory belts for the drive belt on my stick tractors, The aftermarket one's don't release like the WH belts I'm not sure why :thumbs: I don't know if it would make that big of a deal on a hydro as your not grinding gears :thumbs: if it dosen't release. The last belt I got from toro was for a newer hydro it cost $36 the last belt I got from TSC for a stick cost $18 your call.

perry

there is no toro / wheel horse dealer around me for 25 miles :P .

had one 2miles away for 50yrs but now closed :D . i might have to head out and find a belt. i want to take this baby for a test spin :D . even ifs it -3 degrees out . :P

ill try my local mom-pop auto store first. do you guys think a my local simplicity or JD dealer would have a belt ? :thumbs: . thanks for the fast replys. you guys are awsome :thumbs: .....perry

CasualObserver

I would agree with Kelly on the aftermarket belts... just something about them. I prefer OEM when it comes to that. And yes, either your JD or Simplicity dealer should have one that will fit for you.

Kelly

My local simplicity dealer is also a Toro and a New holland dealer, Call first, save gas, give them the no. first then tell them the size, If you go to the auto parts store make sure you get a belt for a garden tractor they are diff. I think gates calls them fictional not fractional because they work by friction unlike a auto belt that is tight all the time.

EDIT; the belt is not fictional it really is there,Your's is wrong but there, I ment frictional, If that's how you spell it?