Vintage_Wheel_Horse_Lover

1976 or 1977 wheel horse B-100 snow Plow parts

im looking for this angle adjustment rod for the plow on my wheel horse b100 I circled it in the attached picture

Screenshot 2024-05-15 9.46.15 AM.png

or a way to make it out of a scrap chunk of metal

• Like 1

peter lena

@Vintage_Wheel_Horse_Lover  can easily pick up a piece of round stock , at big box or local h / w  store , detailing in those plows for function is easy and really pays off in usage . hint , that related  STEERING  QUARRANT is a key area to improve . also build it up off the floor , on milk crates , so you can roller stool around it ,and look at what's going on . when suspended off floor , its exactly  hanging like it would be under tractor  , make sense ? dare I say it ?   heim joints , blade swings without effort , pete 

gwest_ca

The 76-42BA01 blade does not fit the B-100 but the lever you need is likely the same.

rmaynard

So you are looking for items 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 & 26?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

So you are looking for items 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 & 26?

yes

1 hour ago, peter lena said:

@Vintage_Wheel_Horse_Lover  can easily pick up a piece of round stock , at big box or local h / w  store , detailing in those plows for function is easy and really pays off in usage . hint , that related  STEERING  QUARRANT is a key area to improve . also build it up off the floor , on milk crates , so you can roller stool around it ,and look at what's going on . when suspended off floor , its exactly  hanging like it would be under tractor  , make sense ? dare I say it ?   heim joints , blade swings without effort , pete 

what do you mean by steering quarrant

peter lena

@Vintage_Wheel_Horse_Lover    # 9  in diagram  thats the swing point of the plow , you can easily improve that function and related linkages , in the reassembly  , notice ist photo , the lower threaded rod ? heim joint ? that is connected to the steering quadrant , as is the squeeze lever that engages it . done a number of those plows , always corrected a chronic issue , rarely put anything back as I found it , make it better , pete

ok I will look into doing so. how would I put a handle in the round stock for the release

daveoman1966

Your B-100 tractor takes dozer blade 05-42BC01 so the schematic in your 1st question is wrong.  It should be this one---or similar for long frame B & C series:  Yu can easily make the INDEX LEVER #20 and the Upper rod #19.  (#29 is in my pic too).  The index handle #26  is OEM part # 5107--- ebay has them.    

Image.gif

INDEX LEVER - Copy.jpg

ok thank you 

how tid u get the slight curve in it. and also how did u get the section where it jogs an inch or so over

sorry for all the questions, I just turned 18 and have been around wheel horses my whole life. 

I have a collection of 2 workers number 3 is down. 3 is my grandpa's 71 charger 12 i believe it to be a bad coil and when it gets warm it also does not want to move

and then I have like 6 for parts 

daveoman1966

To answer your question(s):  

how tid u get the slight curve in it. and also how did u get the section where it jogs an inch or so over

sorry for all the questions,

First, drill the holes as I've shown.  Then put the flat bar in a vise and make it red-hot where the two bends are.  Do one, then the other to achieve about 2" between the two 90deg bends. While it is still red hot in the vise---after making the bends--- use some muscle and pull on the longest end to make the slight curve.   

if it stays straight will it affect how it works

daveoman1966

Not sure--- no harm in trying. 

2 hours ago, Vintage_Wheel_Horse_Lover said:

if it stays straight will it affect how it works

ok where would I get the liincage

oliver2-44

If your not a fabricator, contact A-Z tractor and he can fix you up with excellent used parts.