wh5208speed

Ark Loader Cylinder Rebuild or Replacement

wh5208speed

Picked up this nice Ark loader in January for my C-161 in January. It had sat in a garage unused for a long period and the little bit of the cylinders that was exposed & pitted pretty bad. Was surprised that it didn't leak when it was installed, but eventually it messed up the O-ring and it's developed a pretty serious oil leak on the left side. The other side has the same pitting....so it will be a matter of time until it needs addressed as well. Would it make more sense to have a hydraulic shop replace the rods or would it be more economical to replace the whole cylinder? Does anyone know of a place to buy replacement cylinders?

image.png.9aac3ddb03e9f94d6454fb8e5625ea03.pngimage.png.946405735698f4d846e7f4a54764f084.png

• Like 1

WHX??

I would replace the whole cylinder. By the time your done with parts and labor it makes better sense. 

Northern tool and Surplus Center have fine choices for replacements. 

• Like 4

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Surplus Center

I'd second that.  

• Like 1

Sailman

I passed up purchase of an ark loader in Florida a while back as it had the pitting on the rams and I knew they would leak and need to be replaced. Just didn't want to deal with that myself. Good luck with the project.

• Like 1

953 nut

With the rust spots on that shaft it will need to be replaced or polished and plated.       Buy a new pair and call it a day.

• Like 1

Thor27

@wh5208speed Did you find a direct fit replacement for the cylinders?