Sign in to follow this  
marshman

C145 engine problems

marshman

:scratchead: Hi again guys.

Got a c145 with 14hp kolher and i cant get it to run right.

When i brought it of ebay i took it for a run at the guys yard and it run fine.

Brought it home left it on the trailer for the night, again was running fine next day.

Then it started mis fireing like fuel starvation so took the carb off and cleaned it no better. Ajusted the mixture screws and away we go.

Ever since then its been messing about, now im not sure it is fuel problems. Somtimes it starts and runs fine, other times it really coughs and splutters and kicks back. Checked the points there fine and keep re asjusting the mixture screws etc no luck. Im wondering if its a worn crank :ychain: But it was running fine :hide:

Any ideas Thanks

C-Series14

Check your throttle shaft...they wear and allow air in. I put a kit on mine several years ago. Just an idea.

bitten

I would check the complete fuel system. Hose, filtter, gas cap and pump.

Make sure you dont have play in the shaft like said before. Get a carb kit and cleaner, take comletly apart and let it sit in cleaner over night. Set the low idle screw at 2 1/2 turns and the high idle at 3 1/4 turns adjust as needed. Set the float so the bottom is 1 1/32" from bottum of carb.

Check the coil from high tension lead and mounting braket to make sure you are getting 11,500 ohms. Make sure you have a good spark plug wire. Make sure you have the right spark plug and the gap is set correctly.

You can goto Kohlers sit and get a service manual and it will help alot.

Hope this helps, and you get her up and running real smooth,

P.J.

dkish

i just finished rebuilding the engine on a new to me c-145. after a engine-carb-fuel system overhaul i had the same problem. drain your fuel tank and remove the shut-off valve from the bottom of the tank. you will be amazed how much junk finds its way into the fuel tank on these tractors. mine had a full handfull of debris in it!! :scratchead:

hope this helps you out!

Dave