Sign in to follow this  
fireman

C-81 w/ steering and forward swept front end

fireman

Here are some pictures of my C-81 with the complete steering and forward swept front end from a 520-H. The install literally bolted right into place. Just had to drill two additonal holes for the steering support which has four holes insted of the C-81's stock ones two. I needed the 1 inch axles for the extra weight of the loader that is almost ready to install. Hopefully everything will be done in the next two weeks.

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

oldandred

Now thats going to be one mean machine

Sparky

Looks a like a nice clean swap Jeff :scratchead: !

Mike........

rocking 416

That is Awsome... I have two C 81's 78-an 79 I think the one in The picture Your showing is a 1979, Correct?

bell

NICE! :scratchead:

WHC-125

Jeff, looks great! Someday when I am in the area I want to check it out :scratchead:

bitten

That should work good for you. Trying to find a gear reduction for my 310-8.

fireman

Well the tires are on and it's back on the ground. Got most of the loader repainted and installed. Need to repaint the bucket, front mount and hydraulic pictons.

100_0012.jpg

100_0013.jpg

fireman

Well I got all the painting done except the inside of the bucket. Still need to sand and prime that. I ordered all new hydraulic lines and fittings from Surpluscenter. Their prices were half of what the local hydraulic shop wanted and that includes shipping :hide: . I'm all for supporting the local businesses but not at that expense. Started her up today after a 3 month hiatis in the workshop and went outside for some new pictures and a cruise around. The 520H steering is much nicer than the original. The turning radius even seems tighter. The bucket will done this weekend and the new hydraulic parts should be here by next Tuesday. Hopefully by the end of next week it will be fully operational :scratchead:

100_0054.jpg

100_0055.jpg

WHC-125

Looks great Jeff! :scratchead::hide: If you want I got 5 yards of dirt to play with :ychain:

stevebo

Jeff, It is coming together very nice !!

gregg.d250

Jeff- that looks just fantastic. It's great to see it all coming together.

The swept forward HD steering setup was a fantastic idea. If you were able to compare your setup back-to-back with a stocker using that loader, I think the difference in stability and function would be night and day.

:scratchead:

fireman

Got all new hydraulic hoses installed and fired up the hydraulic pump for the first time. Works good. I need to get some air out of the system. Bucket is all sanded, primed and ready for paint.

100_0064.jpg

100_0065.jpg

100_0066.jpg

bitten

Looks like it turned out nice. When done it should be a worker thats for sure.

can whlvr

Nice job,looks like you got some new ags in the back of the truck,are they for the c81?.

fireman

Don,

Those 6x12 ags came from a 1960 550 I just picked up. The guy just put them on it in the spring and then he took the tranny apart and lost interest. All he wanted for the tractor is the cost of the tires. $80 :scratchead: . Also came with tubes. The tractor is butchered up but does have a lot of useable parts.

WHC-125

Jeff, looks great! If you wanna stop by and try it out llet me know! :scratchead: