c-series don

I can’t make this up!

Horse Newbie
8 minutes ago, c-series don said:

After sanding for what seemed like hours I was ready to have my hood and fender primed. So my brother came over to prime them. I am not kidding when I say that LESS THAN 30 SECONDS from the time he unplugged the paint gun from the air hose a bird crapped dead center in the wet primer. No where else in the whole area could I find any bird crap except on my hood. I was mad for a while, but my brother just laughed and said don’t worry. We’ll just let it dry, sand it out and reprime it. 

IMG_9184.jpeg

IMG_9186.jpeg

IMG_9187.jpeg

• Haha 6

kpinnc

1 hour ago, c-series don said:

I am not kidding when I say that LESS THAN 30 SECONDS from the time he unplugged the paint gun from the air hose a bird crapped dead center in the wet primer.

Thanks for the laugh Don! I've had bugs in the paint, but never a fly by pooping! :lol:

...Yet! 

Looking forward to the finished product sir! Here's hoping for no more bombings! :thumbs:

• Haha 6

Brockport Bill

somewhat similar today  Don but not as severe  - or as frustrating as your situation  - I had large mouth funnel today behind tractor seat using gas can to fill tractor and a floating tree blossom dead center on target right into funnel straight down into gas tank -- i can only hope it disintegrates and doesn't cause problem????

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

JCM
8 hours ago, c-series don said:

That my friend will bring good luck to all your endeavors the rest of your life. Hood just in primer looks great !

IMG_9186.jpeg

• Like 7

ebinmaine

@c-series don

And others...

A couple decades ago I worked out of a lumber yard in Windham ME. 

It was/ is located bordering a moo 🐮 cow 🐄 farm and there's several dozen or more birds around all year. Literally hundreds in the summer. 

One of the yard workers there got "decorated" by a gull twice in two weeks. 

Luckily he had a great sense of humor.....

And extra shirts.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

EB-80/8inPA

A buddy of mine once got hit by a goose -   right on his glasses and all down his shirt.  He was in an important meeting at the time!  They really do produce some whoppers.  At least it wasn’t a swan.

• Like 4

Pullstart

I guess there are two ways to look at this situation.  They way you did, and the way your brother did :lol:  I’ve been the target of a massive dump on my motorcycle.  I did not wait for it to dry to be sanded off.  I stopped at the nearest house and asked to borrow the hose!  :lol:

• Haha 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

Okay I got one. Back in the dark ages women working offices wore dresses to work. My aunt (close to 90 now) purchased this new dress/ blouse to wear to work. It had pockets in front. She a couple of other ladies would walk to park and have lunch. Off they go, flock of pigeons fly over and bombed the group. A bomb in both pockets which also damaged her under garments. As the story was told nothing would clean the stains and the new outfit and her under garments were trashed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

squonk

My arch painting enemy aren't birds. It's the fuzzies that fly off the poplar trees. No painting outdoors in June or July! 

When I worked at Napa the store was close to the Erie Canal. The show room would be kneed deep in fuzzies! :wacko:

• Like 8

oliver2-44
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

. I’m convinced the bird was surveilling my work and waited until I turned around to swoop in.

He was only practicing on the primer.  He might let you put the red on. But wait till you put the finish black on.  :jaw:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 8

WHX??
Posted (edited)

Better than the bluebird of happiness crapping on your birthday cake... :lol:

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

953 nut

My wife was leaving the grocery store when a seagull crapped above hre and got her right on the head.  The bag boy who was bringing the groceries out tyold her that was sign of good luck coming her way.      :unsure:       My wife responded by wishing him all the good luck he could have!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Bill D

An old coworker had a cup of coffee in his hand while stopped at a traffic light.  Next thing he knows he has coffee all over him. One in a million shot.  And that's why I don't like sunroofs!

• Haha 7

pfrederi

That is why I only paint for corrosion control not nice looks...

• Like 2

kpinnc
On 4/28/2024 at 8:27 PM, Bill D said:

Next thing he knows he has coffee all over him. One in a million shot.  And that's why I don't like sunroofs!

I'd rather wear it than realize it after a sip. YUCK!!! :blink:

• Haha 2