Bow_Extreme

520H Wiring Reroute (Upgrade?)

Bow_Extreme

Well, I decided to try something different.  Bent a piece of 1/2” conduit and ran the wires that normally go overtop of the engine, through the conduit.   Now it needs powder coat.  

IMG_3331.jpeg

IMG_3333.jpeg

IMG_3334.jpeg

IMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_3335.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine

I like that!

May have to borrow this idea sometime...

• Like 2

ri702bill

Nice - as long as there are chaffe proof grommets at both ends. That conduit is a direct ground.

• Like 1

Bow_Extreme
1 hour ago, ri702bill said:

Nice - as long as there are chaffe proof grommets at both ends. That conduit is a direct ground.

Exactly.  The upper end is complete with the wiring loom pushed inside the connector and clamped.  I have to do the starter end now.

• Like 3

peter lena

@Bow_Extreme   think anything that helps out the electrical / complexity  of those twins is worthwhile ,  good idea , pete 

• Like 2

Pullstart

With the belt guard and PTO assembled, you’ll hardly notice it’s different!  Great mod Matt!

• Like 3

peter lena

@Bow_Extreme good common sense there ! regularly use a REPEDITAVE FAILURE , as your guide , eliminate it ! getting wiring away from heat , take advantage of that  cooler air flow , notice  your PTO hitch pin clip , was regularly buzzing / noisy ,?  put a light extension spring from that to , lower swing arm , hitch pin clip , no more noise , keep on improving , good for you , pete