Blasterdad

Rites of passage

Sparky

I did the same with my son back in 2019… 310-8 with a deck (and eventually a plow). 

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
19 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I did the same with my son back in 2019… 310-8 with a deck (and eventually a plow). 

Yep, gotta pass it on. 312-H with deck and dozer blade for home and a 518-H++ with deck, flail mower, and rear grader blade for the camp he owns with his sister.

He says he’ll pay me for the 312. Hmmmm

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

ebinmaine

@Blasterdad

Super cool! 

I went the other way generationally  and left a Wheelhorse with my parents for a while. 

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Heart 5

Retired Wrencher

@Blasterdad That is what a lot of us hope for to pass these fine tractors to our next generation.Some of us are not so lucky though.  

• Sad 3

Blasterdad
51 minutes ago, Retired Wrencher said:

Some of us are not so lucky though.  

My poor kid is going to end up with a whole herd, I think I have 12 now? I lost count. :rolleyes:

• Like 8

kpinnc
4 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

My poor kid

I have 3 girls and my son. Two of my girls are still at home. When I gave my son his little Ranger, I was shocked to find that my girls were upset by it. Both asked me which tractors was I going to give them. 

They calmed down when I said "pick one", and there's been no more fuss about it. Sibling rivalry is alive and well! :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Heart 6

SylvanLakeWH
21 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

My poor kid is going to end up with a whole herd, I think I have 12 now? I lost count. :rolleyes:

You know, just to be of assistance... I'll be a proxy kid if you need one... I can have the trailer hooked up in a few minutes... :auto-layrubber:

• Haha 7

Ed Kennell

Both my sons  can say    WHEEL HORSE I've Got A Horse Tee Shirt | Etsy

Mark got the 800 and Mike got the 417A.       Four grandson will be next.   All are in college now, but Reed is trying to buy a house as he works on his PHD

• Like 5

953 nut
10 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

All I can say is this was one of the greatest weekends of my life

:confusion-confused:                   Are you referring to Plow Day weekend or the weekend your son and his fiance' moved out?               :ychain:

• Haha 7

rjg854

Can both be a choice  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

Thinkin so... :)

Congrats Blaster successfully raising a brood and them getting a house and not a penitentiary. 

Been empty nesters for awhile now. Means we have more time to disagree on things...:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Blasterdad
4 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Yes indeed, everything comes with a price tag though, I do miss him & having him around & the convience of saying "hey, come help the old man lift this mower deck".

Now I have to text him & make an appointment. :rolleyes: ( he's only a few miles from home ).

It's also a great excuse for me to finally get a loader for one of the :wh:'s. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Retired Wrencher
23 hours ago, kpinnc said:

I have 3 girls and my son. Two of my girls are still at home. When I gave my son his little Ranger, I was shocked to find that my girls were upset by it. Both asked me which tractors was I going to give them. 

They calmed down when I said "pick one", and there's been no more fuss about it. Sibling rivalry is alive and well! :rolleyes:

They calmed down when I said "pick one", and there's been no more fuss about it. Sibling rivalry is alive and well. I have to say it is good they are interested in these.

• Like 3

Blasterdad

My son just sent me these, I don't think he likes his new :wh:, I haven't even mowed my yard yet, :ROTF:.

IMG_7200.JPG.4266772936efd867da62f9b4d34e0ef0.JPGIMG_7201.JPG.4c6a476f67e14d85ad5a15c93bf2710f.JPG

• Excellent 6
  • Haha 1