12 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

turned around and it was making love to a tree, humping up and down,

7 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

that’s gold!:lol:

Little early for visuals... :scared-eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

peter lena

@Ed Kennell  sounds like a  rusty  linkage  related issue , have 3  horses  manual  gear box , peddle  push , immediately , drops park brake ,  do an  overall , function  check , that brake band area , can be a real grass / bind up spot , have also firmed up connection ends  with washers / lubrication to enhance function .  pete  

• Like 1

ML3

Of all my tractors (have no hydros as of yet) only my C105 has the left clutch & right brake. Occasionally i have forgotten to press brake pedal but luckily I didnt need to stop that sudden. I use parking brake only if I leave tractor running while parked. I set the parking brake in all my vehicles when parked every time! I've done so much towing & definitely spent plenty time on boat launch ramps so consistent use of parking brake is a habit for me. Can't say I've forgotten to release it. My Cadillac automatically releases when put into reverse or drive. It has an electronic actuation & release.  I wish it just had a manual pull like my other vehicles.  

• Like 3

WHX??

520 FEL happens all the time. Set the brake to go chain something up. Get back on and forget it's on. After some French that somethings wrong and it won't move ... I see the idiot light...:lol:

• Haha 5

SylvanLakeWH
3 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

I see the intelligent and all knowing operator light...:lol:

Fixed it for ya... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

JoeM
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

It’s like whack a mole every time I jump on one, figuring out what, where, why, etc

Wait until you are older, say in your 60's.......you wont even remember why you walked into the shop! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Pullstart
5 minutes ago, JoeM said:

Wait until you are older, say in your 60's.......you wont even remember why you walked into the shop! :D

Most days, I don’t have to wait!  It happens to me already, all the time!  In conversation and my walkin’s to’s! 

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

WOW,  Never thought this thread would have prompted so many confessions.

For years I have only used hydros with my redneck right pedal motion control where you push down to go forward and allow a spring to lift pedal to go backwards.

With this foot control,, it is a must to lock the left nuetral/brake pedal down when leaving the seat otherwise the tractors go to auto reverse if running or when started up.

So, I have been conditioned to lock the brake every time I leave the seat and to press the left pedal during start up.

After using this gear drive, I'll probably have a few reverse collisions on the hydros.

• Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Most days, I don’t have to wait!  It happens to me already, all the time!  In conversation and my walkin’s to’s! 

Wait until you lift the lid on the kitchen trash can unzip then look around and mumble to yourself "this isn't the bathroom."

• Haha 9

oliver2-44
3 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Wait until you lift the lid on the kitchen trash can unzip then look around and mumble to yourself "this isn't the bathroom."

This threads going down hill quick!

• Haha 5

JoeM
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

So the "OLD FART SAFETYS"  don't work for you young rookies either

The machine was not equipped with "geezer safe features". Old School all the way. I just happen to have one recently that was manufactured in this century, you know current. 

Yes a Rookie Mistake! LOL :ychain:

Edited by JoeM
  • Like 2

squonk
9 hours ago, WHX?? said:

520 FEL happens all the time. Set the brake to go chain something up. Get back on and forget it's on. After some French that somethings wrong and it won't move ... I see the idiot light...:lol:

Gonna need a bigger light! :hilarious:

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, JoeM said:

60s ??!!???

I don't remember NOT being that/this way !!!!!

I find it very interesting that all you flat land dwellers don't use the brake. 

Our front dooryahd is pretty much level but on most of the rest of the acreage.. I wouldn't even CONSIDER walking away from any one of my C Series without the brake set. 

• Like 4

pfrederi

Well at least it is an affordable fix.  I had used my Farmall M to extricate a weekender neighbors.car let him drive it home...brakes on.  She is a unique M 1944 with not usual Farmall brakes. (Wartime issues??)  Had to have them redone $175 per side..

• Sad 2